Overseas Interest

rob.notenboom

Is it just me or has there been significantly more interest in MLS players moving overseas during this transfer window than previously? Sure you get the typical Donovan to Everton thing going on, but there have been several others that I wouldn't have predicted (Iro to Forest especially) and now I just read that Sebastien Le Toux is getting a look from Bolton. Not that I want the league's good players to be poached, but a wider profile which includes a heightened sense of league legitimacy can't be bad for the league.

Rob....you aren't wrong. I agree that overseas teams buying the better MLS players is a good thing overall. Means more good players will come to the league knowing it is scouted and could mean a big-money move if they succeed. I know MLS wants to attract the best and retain them eventually, but with the cap such as it is, it won't happen for many many years. So being a selling league should be seen as a good thing and hopefully further encourage the league to sign more and more homegrown players. And I am thrilled about the youth DP contracts now available....

Archived