Mahir Hadziresic

Keegan

Whats up with him? He's played a few matches for our U20s but previously had Bosnian aspirations, he apparently is with FK Mlada Boleslav but he isn't listed on their club page.

http://www.fkmb.cz/soupiska.php

He wasn't given many minutes by the U20s after all this hype about how he was going to play for Bosnia and be a big star and how West Ham have been trying to sign him for a year....

So what's the deal anyone know? Anyone who has seen him play?

Whats up with him? He's played a few matches for our U20s but previously had Bosnian aspirations, he apparently is with FK Mlada Boleslav but he isn't listed on their club page.

http://www.fkmb.cz/soupiska.php

He wasn't given many minutes by the U20s after all this hype about how he was going to play for Bosnia and be a big star and how West Ham have been trying to sign him for a year....

So what's the deal anyone know? Anyone who has seen him play?

He plays on the "B" team that plays in the CFL (3rd Division). If you look in the upper left of the link you provided you'll see a field with a drop down called Vyber Muzstvo, click on it and select B tym and you'll bring up the B team page. Select "Soupiska" on the left hand column and it will bring up the "B" team roster. Mahir is listed as a forward.

He was playing a lot with their u19 team last season, and B team. He is actually scoring at a good pace. He has been on the subs bench a few times for the first team but not got in yet. He is still young. I know him quite well being from Ottawa - regarding international choices, I simply believe (as would be the case for any of us), he is waiting to see who calls him up since he is eligible for both. He would never turn down a Canadian offer. This is just one of those stories that is typical. never played on a provincial team, never even considered for national team youth. It was funny, a coach, not to name names called a colleague of mine to ask him if he is good enough to play for Ontario at the Canada games. Of course we said yes, he will be a star for you - they opted not to take him. The next week West Ham brought him over for a trial and loved him, wanted to sign him, but passport issues of course, so he signed in czech.

I ask myself the same question over and over! Although not to be negative, but I saw a few players in that U20 squad that in my humble opinion are absolutely not even close to the standard required, would have trouble playing in the pdl for a mediocre team ( I believe one was playing in the PDL for an awful team and not getting a ton of time). But who am I to judge, this is just my opinion! Another good young kid was Justin Maheu, I don't think he got any or very little time with that U20 team. He was with the TFC acedemy, I believe now playing in Germany...

I ask myself the same question over and over! Although not to be negative, but I saw a few players in that U20 squad that in my humble opinion are absolutely not even close to the standard required, would have trouble playing in the pdl for a mediocre team ( I believe one was playing in the PDL for an awful team and not getting a ton of time). But who am I to judge, this is just my opinion! Another good young kid was Justin Maheu, I don't think he got any or very little time with that U20 team. He was with the TFC acedemy, I believe now playing in Germany...

You'll be happy to hear you're not the only person who has made those observations. I'm starting to wonder what the hell is going on with that U20 team...

edit: I'm sure they do Ed...

I know a number of Alberta players have no time for Sean Fleming, who runs the NTC in Edmonton. Perhaps the problems lie earlier than the U20 level.

You'll be happy to hear you're not the only person who has made those observations. I'm starting to wonder what the hell is going on with that U20 team...

To bad you have to hear it from so many other people including "biased parents" before you realize there is a problem with the system and some validity in what people are saying. Keeping the blinders on like the CSA has hurt the results for the last 26 years, so " if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem" Change is never easy, but admitting there is a problem is step one.

To bad you have to hear it from so many other people including "biased parents" before you realize there is a problem with the system and some validity in what people are saying. Keeping the blinders on like the CSA has hurt the results for the last 26 years, so " if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem" Change is never easy, but admitting there is a problem is step one.

Thanks for the condescending post Alex, but i'm not sure why you're accusing me of having my head buried in the sand? If you look at most of my posts i've had some concerns since the first camp.

The point i was making with you was that you're complaining in public about your son and probably not doing him any favours if anyone involved with the team sees what you've written. Also, as has been explained to you numerous times the strength of this team is in net and there are a number of goalies that deserve to get looked at so if Robert doesn't get invited to every camp it's not a knock on him or the coaching staff.

There was never mention of my son in the quote, just an observation. Its only condescending if you take it that way jpg75 so take it any way you want. I was merely agreeing with someone who made the same observations I did from day one, thats all. Oh, and thanks for the intelligent advice, I wouldn't have come to that conclusion on my own. It is evident to me more than you what is done to him, because we live it. Competition brings out the best in people and the cream rises to the top eventually.....or maybe not. What i dont agree with is that you make an example of a kid or play others because there is an agenda to push TFC or whitecap players over others. Thats life and he will deal with it and let his playing speak for itself. I only point out the obvious and people like yourself can come to their own conclusions. We continue to look towards the bigger picture as always and hope that changes come soon to qualify for a world cup. My goal is to open the door for all canadian kids and share our experiences to try and improve a broken system. Plain and simple. Dont really care if you agree with me or not, just voicing an experience to maybe help others.

^In your opinion, is there an intentional bias towards TFC and Whitecap players, or is it perhaps that the coaches are just more familiar with these players due to contacts and the fact that they play at home? In essence, is it a conspiracy or a coincidence?

Archived