NY Cosmos & Cantona to MLS?

Danny Boy

This one's been a forgone conclusion for the last year or so, ever since word got out that the Cosmos were reforming. Garber's been frothing at the mouth in delight ever since Cantona agreed to be the Dir of Soccer Ops for NY. An appointment like that must have a bit of SUM written on it, and a whole lot of securing the 20th expansion spot. Garber's been pushing for a second NY franchise for such a long while that the Cosmos could be made up of 7 year olds and they'd still get the expansion spot. Watch for them to be announced for either 2012 or 2013.

I have no issue with New York getting another spot. I'd still like to see Florida get a spot and hopefully Ottawa or Edmonton get the final 2 spots to make a 22 team league.

I think it will stop at 20. No team in Florida has made a go of it so why waste time there? Ottawa or Edmonton? NFW. Sorry as much as I'd love to see it happen Ottawa and Edmonton will never be MLS that was just Don Garber's used car salesman routine. We have 3 and that is all we will get. The Cosmos coming back would be sweet from a historical perspective, large market, local rival. It has too much going for it to not happen.

I wonder if there will be fights on the field during games when the Caps & Cosmos play? Ah the good old days are back :)

Archived