Caps at Montreal

tmcmurph

Where does the play-by-play guy see the letter ' i ' in Khalfan one has to wonder. He consistently pronounces it 'ka-li-fan'. Guess he has the same affliction as people like George W, Bush who mispronounce nuclear as 'new-q-leer'.

Also, in Vancouver the sound lags the video quite considerably, disconcerting.

Yea the announcers are amusing in a warped way. They even pronounce Ali's name "Gerba" instead of "Zerba". Yea the audio lags and the screen is narrow and wwwwiiiiiidddddeeeeee. Same as last time I watched. Better than nothing and the Caps just scored 1-0 with injury time to go!

Both goalies were very good tonight.

The ball was all over the place in the wind, even getting rolling away on the grass at times. That made it difficult for wither team to have much meaningful possession and build up. Testo continues to play poorly with passes into no-man's land. Gatti didn't have the greatest game neither did Ribeiro. Sebrango looked great coming on, they shouldn't have waited until 75 minutes. Aboubou continues to play great though.

The ball was all over the place in the wind, even getting rolling away on the grass at times. That made it difficult for wither team to have much meaningful possession and build up. Testo continues to play poorly with passes into no-man's land. Gatti didn't have the greatest game neither did Ribeiro. Sebrango looked great coming on, they shouldn't have waited until 75 minutes. Aboubou continues to play great though.

Yea with that "breeze" keeping the ball on the ground was key to posession. I thought both keepers looked good. Eddie scared me with his chip shot over the charging Nolly. Ali looked good as a play maker giving several great chances to team mates. Not an aspect of his game I'd noticed much before.

Yea with that "breeze" keeping the ball on the ground was key to posession. I thought both keepers looked good. Eddie scared me with his chip shot over the charging Nolly. Ali looked good as a play maker giving several great chances to team mates. Not an aspect of his game I'd noticed much before.

I'm curious to see what will happen with Ali. He's obviously still figuring things out but then again so are all the front 6 since we've just switched to a 4-3-3.

Difference between a team who is settled into a good system and one in pure flux both interms of system and personnel... kind of hard to watch. I thought the way the Impact played the Caps should have punished them more but the wind made everything a bit chancey.

I'm curious to see what will happen with Ali. He's obviously still figuring things out but then again so are all the front 6 since we've just switched to a 4-3-3.

Difference between a team who is settled into a good system and one in pure flux both interms of system and personnel... kind of hard to watch. I thought the way the Impact played the Caps should have punished them more but the wind made everything a bit chancey.

Ali's doing well.

Routinely covered by two people, freeing up space, while still managing to break free and attack at times. He won't score a goal every 3 games like canada, but he opens up the front for the others. The problem is trasitioning from mid to attack, and playing british longball, even if its windy.

Archived