China to bid for 2026 World Cup

CanadianSoccerFan

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/China-may-bid-for-2026-FIFA-World-Cup/articleshow/6182462.cms

Sepp Blatter has made it clear he wants the world cup in china and had urged them to bid for 2022.

I suspect a 2026 bid may help the United States 2022 bid. Qatar, Japan, Australia, or South Korea winning for 2022 would make China inelgible for 2026.

I suspect a 2026 bid may help the United States 2022 bid.

I'm not so sure. The 2022 host is decided in December of 2010. The 2026 bids probably won't be known for sure by then.

BTW why are these bids getting earlier and earlier? I mean 2026? FFS, that's a long time off. Even SA was only announced 6 years ahead of time and they had a tonne of work to do!

BTW why are these bids getting earlier and earlier? I mean 2026? FFS, that's a long time off. Even SA was only announced 6 years ahead of time and they had a tonne of work to do!

Blatter and co. are trying to cash in while they can...

I'm not so sure. The 2022 host is decided in December of 2010. The 2026 bids probably won't be known for sure by then.

China is known. That the the only thing that matters. If FIFA wants China 2026 then they have to pass on all asian bidders for 2022. That leaves only the americans for 2022.

China is being brazen enough to root against the Asian bidders for 2022. http://insideworldfootball.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8300:china-admits-we-dont-want-asia-to-win-2022-world-cup-bid&catid=40:news&Itemid=53

China is known. That the the only thing that matters. If FIFA wants China 2026 then they have to pass on all asian bidders for 2022. That leaves only the americans for 2022.

I understand, but that still only makes sense if FIFA decides on China for 2026 in the next few months. I thought these bidding process had to involve huge documents and presentations that go into great detail of how the host country will organize everything and why they would be a great choice. Surely its a bit ridiculous to screw Japan, Australia, etc for 2018 without first seeing all the paperwork from China(?).

Not to mention, how would FIFA know China '26 is the best bid when the other bidders aren't known.

Archived