CSL 2010 match video thread [no R]

DJT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CSL This Week Episode 10 and Portugal FC vs. York Region Shooters, both from September 3, are now posted. Sorry for the delay, but I've been preoccupied with posting the five national team games played over the last ten days.

I noticed that there have been very few downloads of Portugal FC vs. Brantford Galaxy from August 27. I'm surprised, because this is the most entertaining game posted so far! The one I just posted is pretty good, too.

The CSL This Week Episode 11 and Serbian White Eagles vs. Milltown FC, both from September 10, are now posted. And there's a little something extra this time (as a separate download): an interview of Milltown President and Voyageur Dino Rossi.

The CSL This Week Episode 12 and Portugal FC vs. St. Catharines Wolves, both from September 17, are now posted.

St. Catharines was the last team to be broadcast in Toronto this season, so now at least one game for every team is posted here.

I'm thinking that Episode 12 might just be the final episode of The CSL This Week for this season. The whole episode is a team-by-team summary of the season up to the middle of September, which is an odd time to do a review show, and this week (September 24) it was broadcast again instead of a new episode.

According to the broadcast schedule on the Rogers TV Web site, Brantford Galaxy vs. Toronto Croatia was broadcast in Toronto on September 19 at 7:00 PM. Unfortunately I didn't notice this until afterwards and there weren't any repeats on the schedule. Can anyone (Juby?) confirm that this game was actually broadcast in Toronto? I'm just curious.

That CSL This Week show is not over! I spoke with the guy who is always the guest of Alex (he was at the Toronto Croatia vs Hamilton Croatia game tonight) and he said they recorded two shows/episodes the week before so they could film some stuff for the Canada-China women's game. Rogers was supposed to run that second show on Friday but instead ran the same episode as the week before. The unbroadcast episode had a long profile of North York Astros and included details of that fluke goal in their upset win over Serbian White Eagles. I wonder if we'll ever get to see it?

Stay tuned for the playoffs!

While I'm at it, does anyone know of a site or have a copy of the Canada vs Honduras friendly game in Montreal from earlier this month? I missed that one.

Edited by Rocket Robin 2

Serbian White Eagles vs. Toronto Croatia from October 1 is now posted.

There was a new episode of The CSL This Week broadcast on October 1 (I'm not sure if it was the one that Robin described above; in any case, I'll call it Episode 13), but I missed recording it and could not find a repeat. :(

The CSL This Week Episode 14 and Toronto Croatia vs. York Region Shooters, both from October 8, are now posted.

That's it for the regular season. It's not clear which quarterfinal game(s) will be broadcast: at the end of the Friday, October 8 broadcast it was said that they would show the second leg of Serbian White Eagles vs. Brantford Galaxy on Friday, October 15, but on Saturday, October 9 the league officially announced that there would be no games at all on Friday, October 15 and that the second leg of Serbian White Eagles vs. Brantford Galaxy would be played on Sunday, October 17. So, who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, I fell behind but a bunch of new things are now posted; unfortunately, a bunch of other things are missing:

• I posted The CSL This Week Episode 15 (October 15).

• I missed the Brantford Galaxy vs. Serbian White Eagles Quarterfinal First Leg, played on October 12 and broadcast on October 15.

• I missed The CSL This Week Episode 16 (October 22).

• I posted most of the Portugal FC vs. Brantford Galaxy Semifinal played and broadcast on October 22, but I missed the first 28 minutes of the first half.

• I posted The CSL This Week Episode 17 (October 29).

• I posted the Hamilton Croatia vs. Brantford Galaxy Final played and broadcast on October 31.

There is supposed to be one more episode of The CSL This Week on November 5.

The reason that I missed so much at the end of the season is not because I suddenly started screwing up more often but because, unlike during earlier in the season, there were no repeats (due to Toronto municipal election coverage and the return of the minor/junior hockey season on Rogers TV) to cover for me.

Thank you so much for all the effort this season, I got the portugal fc brantford game dl'd and will eventually make a video for it when I get a bit of motivation, if anyone wanted to recommend a good game from the season it'd probably get done sometime this winter

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 3:48 PM, Djuradj said:

Wow, I wish I kept these videos. They are hard to find now.

I wonder if these match videos, specifically the 2008 ones, are still available somewhere/somehow!

I found a DVD with some matches from 2008.

July 25 - London vs North York

Aug 8 - Serbian White Eagles vs Windsor

Oct 10 - Brampton vs Italia Shooters

Oct 17 - SF - Italia Shooters vs Serbian WE