CSL 2010 match video thread [no R]

DJT

Portugal FC vs. Brampton Lions from June 18 is now posted. This one is complete.

Note that I'm keeping the list of videos in the first post of this thread in chronological order, so new videos (such as this new match) may not appear at the very bottom.

its been a while since I've lucked out seeing what the 'rogers special presentation' is but I caught a game a week or two ago on that.
Oh yeah, that annoying "Rogers Special Presentation". I hate seeing that in the listings.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally, each match video is from a Rogers TV (4:3 aspect ratio) or Rogers TV HD (16:9 aspect ratio) broadcast, encoded with XviD, and split into two 350MB files (one per half).

The CSL This Week Episode 2

Friday, July 9, 2010

Complete episode (175MB)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I liked the show! DJT do you have episode 1?

The CSL This Week Episode 3 (July 16) is now posted.

Note that this episode includes highlights of Serbian White Eagles vs. Brantford Galaxy from July 9. I will eventually be posting this match in its entirety, so if you don't already know the result and don't want to be spoiled then you should avoid 6:00-8:30 and 14:40-15:50 in this episode.

I liked the show! DJT do you have episode 1?
No, I already said that I don't. :)

DJT, this is kind of random but do you happen to have the Serbia vs. Italy friendly played in the Rogers Centre back in 2005?
No. Was it even broadcast?

The CSL This Week Episode 3 (July 16) is now posted.

Note that this episode includes highlights of Serbian White Eagles vs. Brantford Galaxy from July 9. I will eventually be posting this match in its entirety, so if you don't already know the result and don't want to be spoiled then you should avoid 6:00-8:30 and 14:40-15:50 in this episode.

No, I already said that I don't. :)

No. Was it even broadcast?

Yes on TLN.

• 2 weeks later...

Three more videos have been posted:

• Portugal FC vs. Serbian White Eagles (July 2): Complete.

• London City vs. North York Astros (July 2): Missing 10 minutes at the beginning, but it's still a full 350MB because I forgot to change the setting. This one has to go down as a "CSL Classic" -- not because of the game itself, but because one team is wearing red and the other is wearing orange (shirts and socks, both with black shorts)! :eek: Making its first (I think) appearance in this collection of videos is a group of North York Astros "ultras" -- the team that used to draw little more than family and friends (and occasionally me) now appears to have a vocal group of 5-10 guys with flags, banners and drums following them around, even all the way to London! :cool:

• The CSL This Week Episode 4 (July 23) - Note that this episode includes highlights of Portugal FC vs. North York Astros from July 16. I will eventually be posting this match in its entirety, so if you don't already know the result and don't want to be spoiled then you should avoid 10:00-11:10 in this episode.

Yes on TLN.
Are you sure? I don't recall that. In fact, we discussed it here at the time and couldn't find a broadcast.

Three more videos have been posted:

[*]Portugal FC vs. Serbian White Eagles (July 2): Complete.

[*]London City vs. North York Astros (July 2): Missing 10 minutes at the beginning, but it's still a full 350MB because I forgot to change the setting. This one has to go down as a "CSL Classic" -- not because of the game itself, but because one team is wearing red and the other is wearing orange (shirts and socks, both with black shorts)! :eek: Making its first (I think) appearance in this collection of videos is a group of North York Astros "ultras" -- the team that used to draw little more than family and friends (and occasionally me) now appears to have a vocal group of 5-10 guys with flags, banners and drums following them around, even all the way to London! :cool:

I saw that too, eventually your eyes kinda adjust but just about the worst kit combination possible (I'm guessing someone at the astros dropped the ball but I got no clue) and it was a great surprise to see that travelling support, I'm not quite as broke lately so I'll probably catch a game live (I'm thinking the home game against london (good chance it'll be a win) on the 8th and I noticed on the site, $5 entrance to home games if you wear orange.)

A little OT, but does anyone know where to find European league games videos (Dutch, Belgian, Austria, Nordic Countries, etc.)? I've looked at Roja direct, but all the vids there are several Gigs, whereas DJT's CSL games always just 300 MB or so per half. Anyone got any suggestions?

The CSL This Week Episode 5 (July 30) is now posted.

fbtz.com is definitely the place to go to download match videos. However, recently I've noticed that higher-and-higher-resolution videos are being posted, which means larger and larger file sizes. For popular games there are often different versions available at different resolutions/sizes, but often there is only one choice and it is over 1GB. I've decided against downloading some games because of this.

BugerKing, if there is a particular game that you really want then perhaps one of us with an account at fbtz.com can get the link(s) for you.

Brampton Lions vs. Toronto Croatia from July 18 is now posted.

I am now caught up: no games played since July 18 have been broadcast in Toronto, so I've posted everything I have -- at least until tonight, when there will be a new game.

Brampton Lions vs. Toronto Croatia from July 18 is now posted.

I am now caught up: no games played since July 18 have been broadcast in Toronto, so I've posted everything I have -- at least until tonight, when there will be a new game.

Will the Serbs/Hamilton Croatia game be broadcast? Hoping it will be posted on here. Thanks for providing this service DJT.

thanks djt, i'll hopefully make a few videos over the next week or so, and a question to anyone who has an fbtz account, I had one but either from when I didn't have internet or when my past computers died my account lapsed, when registration opens do you think you can give me pm?

• 2 weeks later...