Anyone thinking about going to the Ukraine Vs Canada game October 8th?

finchster

I know this game is five months away, but I recently booked tickets to London in October to visit a friend. Since my friend both supports Canada and Ukraine, we are both eager to go. This will be my first 'senior cap' haha I am pretty excited already. I guess I can finally call myself a Voyageur by going to an away match in Eastern Europe ;)

After doing some research it appears the game is going to be held in Lviv,

…on October 8 blue-yellows will host a match against another representative of the north-American continent - Canada’s national team. This match will probably be played in Lviv.

http://www.ffu.org.ua/eng/teams/teams_main/5579/

There is no direct flight from London to Lviv but getting from Kiev to Lviv isn't a problem I am told. I am just curious if anyone else on this board has any interest in going to this game?

I would consider it though that might depend on whether I go to Russia in September or not. Krakow is a little bit closer to Lviv than Kiev so might be an option as well depending on flight prices and even Warsaw is not much further. Never been to Lviv but it is supposed to be one of Ukraine's most beautiful cities.

Since I'm going to be back in Europe by mid-September I am considering the journey.

I can fly return to Krakow from London for about 60 pounds with either Easy Jet or Ryan Air. I would probably consider renting a car from there, apparent it's a 4-5 hour drive to Lviv. Not too bad.

Given that I'm constantly trying to expand my football journalism portfolio, this would probably be another good chance to be the only Canadian reporter on the ground.

In all likelihood, I will probably make the trip.

I would consider it though that might depend on whether I go to Russia in September or not. Krakow is a little bit closer to Lviv than Kiev so might be an option as well depending on flight prices and even Warsaw is not much further. Never been to Lviv but it is supposed to be one of Ukraine's most beautiful cities.

Seriously I may be able to swing a trip if I have guide with me to Lviv.

Start the plans now....

Archived