Whitecaps 2011 Supporters Groups - What's happening?

Admin

I have heard various bits about different supporters groups being formed.

Can people PM me details or post them here if they are not top secret.

What do the Southsiders have to say? What do they want to have happen?

Thoughts,

JM

This past season the Southsiders voted to formally organize and elected an executive board. We're in the midst of relaunching our website, with accompanying accounts at Blogspot, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.

Today two of our board are headed downtown to negotiate with a potential pub sponsor. A weekend bus trip for an away match in Portland is in the works, and we have a number of fundraisers and tifo projects in various stages of development.

Our official membership drive will be kicking off shortly.

For now, please visit here: forum.vancouversouthsiders.com

At this stage we are not aware of any other groups having organized (or coming close to it), but we would gladly cooperate with any and all supporters. If there's anyone out there thinking of organizing, please let us know!

This past season the Southsiders voted to formally organize and elected an executive board. We're in the midst of relaunching our website, with accompanying accounts at Blogspot, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.

Today two of our board are headed downtown to negotiate with a potential pub sponsor. A weekend bus trip for an away match in Portland is in the works, and we have a number of fundraisers and tifo projects in various stages of development.

Our official membership drive will be kicking off shortly.

For now, please visit here: forum.vancouversouthsiders.com

At this stage we are not aware of any other groups having organized (or coming close to it), but we would gladly cooperate with any and all supporters. If there's anyone out there thinking of organizing, please let us know!

Sounds great.

That meeting is with Craig I assume?

I hope that goes well.

Craig definitely knows of other people forming supporters groups, he is the reason I posted this question here.

Yes they are meeting with Craig at Donnelly Group. We already know that the DG pubs are home to English and Scottish supporter clubs, so maybe something's brewing there.

Yeah, that might be good. Worked well in Toronto as I think several of those kinds of clubs stepped to support the local team.

• 2 weeks later...
Please make sure any media relations you guys do in the build up to next year are planned out just a tad better than the one's so far ;)

We now have a board, like JoMo mentioned above, and the membership have selected a good group of folks to ensure that the SS is a great place pre-match, in match, post match, and has an image... that is important.

I highly doubt you will see anymore "Evil Bert Breakfast TV spots again"

We now have a board, like JoMo mentioned above, and the membership have selected a good group of folks to ensure that the SS is a great place pre-match, in match, post match, and has an image... that is important.

I highly doubt you will see anymore "Evil Bert Breakfast TV spots again"

...ya... those breakfast TV spots could never be matched I don't think. I really hope SS expands immensly, and UM02 for that matter once Montreal is given the MLS green light.

Archived