Argos still want into BMO Field?

^ Reminds me of playing on a field at Carleton many years ago with mostly students from Jamaica. Turns out the practice field at then Landsdowne Park was out of commission, so in the middle of our kick around, a school bus pulls up and all these large men come thumping out of the bus. The Jamaicans were surprised to say the least and asked me what was up. I said they were football players. One replied: 'Dey aren't football players mon, dey are goons.'

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by jpg75

"In addition, the report says that BMO dressing rooms designed for relatively small soccer teams are totally inadequate for football teams that carry 42 players plus coaches."

Totally forgot about that, but yeah, there's no way you're going to fit 42+ large (some upwards of 300lbs.) men in a dressing room designed for roughly 30 normal (under 200lbs.) sized men.

Yup.. the locker rooms was headscratcher to me from the start. Anyone who ever attended the seat relocation event in the first year would have seen in person the locker rooms and concluded that they are a definite a no go for a football team unless you make the players walk in and out to a building outside the stadium to access lockerroom facilities. Your numbers ( 42 versus 30) are understated

In the end, they tried to do like Montreal but Molson stadium was build for Football ( with football locker rooms). I believe that this may been the last straw as far as the the CFL was concerned.

^ I was going by the number on the TFC roster, but now that i think about it the development player stalls were half-sized stalls. Not to mention football locker rooms usually have alot of space in the middle so the big guys can get around without knocking into each other. The TFC locker room is roughly the size of a Junior B hockey locker room.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

^

The TFC locker room is roughly the size of a Junior B hockey locker room.

I found it to be smaller than any locker room in any hockey arena that I have ever been in to including small town community arenas. Just to be clear, when I am referring to by the TFC locker room, I am speaking of the changing areas. I am not including the adjoining room that has the physios tables nor the other adjoining room with the rec area ( fussball machine etc)and coach's office.

Archived