Rallying cry

Avram Grant

quote:Originally posted by Avram Grant

Apologies for promoting the blog I write for, but this missive from my friend and writing partner deserves wide viewing by Canadian soccer supporters.

http://canadiansoccerblog.ca/2009/08/20/one-year-later-what-have-we-learned/

Come on Grant, don't you check the board before posting? This is a repeat. Nobody responded when I posted about it either. Guess no one cares.

Thanks for the shout-out as well.

The one thing I took from reading your article was that one of the biggest positives you mentioned, can actually be viewed as a bit of misguided venture on all of our respective parts.

You applaud the numerous little media projects we have all individually started up, but to me that is the biggest problem.

Shouldn't we be uniting these efforts? It's nice that we are scattered across the web, collecting modest numbers on our own terms...but what if we pooled our resources and content together on one site.

I have been very impressed with RedNation's branding and online lay-out and have been in quiet discussion with them since the Gold Cup.

That site is the best thing I have seen for Canadian Soccer, in terms of a professional and contemporary design. And since I work in media/marketing, that is top of the list for any web project I look at.

So what's the consensus, are we all better off writing in thin air, or could we not come together for something more meaningful, and possibly financially viable?

Thoughts?

quote:Originally posted by Toronto MB

Thanks for the shout-out as well.

The one thing I took from reading your article was that one of the biggest positives you mentioned, can actually be viewed as a bit of misguided venture on all of our respective parts.

You applaud the numerous little media projects we have all individually started up, but to me that is the biggest problem.

Shouldn't we be uniting these efforts? It's nice that we are scattered across the web, collecting modest numbers on our own terms...but what if we pooled our resources and content together on one site.

I have been very impressed with RedNation's branding and online lay-out and have been in quiet discussion with them since the Gold Cup.

That site is the best thing I have seen for Canadian Soccer, in terms of a professional and contemporary design. And since I work in media/marketing, that is top of the list for any web project I look at.

So what's the consensus, are we all better off writing in thin air, or could we not come together for something more meaningful, and possibly financially viable?

Thoughts?

You're all welcome to come write for Some Canadian Guys. :)

Archived