CCL Schedule & Results 2009/10

Blast Cheeta you beat me to the creation of this thread.

Tuesday, July 28th</u>

D.C. Utd. 1 : 1 CD Firpo - RFK Stadium, D.C.

Pachuca CF 3 : 0 Deportivo Jalapa - Estadio Hidalgo, Pachuca de Soto

Wednesday, July 29th</u>

Toronto FC 0 : 1 Puerto Rico Islanders - BMO Field, Toronto

San Francisco FC 2 : 0 San Juan Jabloteh - Estadio Sanchéz, San Francisco

Liberia MIA 3 : 0 Real CD España, Estadio Soto, Alajuela

Thursday, July 30th</u>

W Connection 2 : 2 New York Red Bulls - Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella

CS Herediano 2 : 6 CD SC Cruz Azul - Estadio Cordero, Heredia

CD Olimpia 2 : 1 Deportivo Arabe Unido - Estadio Andino, Tegucigalpa

MLS regulations and limitations MUST be a problem for their clubs by looking at these latest results. Both MLS sides (DC and TFC) failed to do ANYTHING in their home stadiums. DC had to rely on a penalty to score, and TFC simply played like faking incompetent pieces of sh*t. Agree, disagree?

^ Mmmmmm... MLS teams' interest in that competition (remember Chivas, NE and the same ol' "I don't give a crap about this tournament" DCU last year ?) MUST be a problem for both MLS and the CCL looking at the results they constantly DON'T get. Maybe TFC is the exception but then again, is it really a case of "MLS limitations" or just a lack of opportunism ? I know USL offer better roster conditions, but hey, in counterpart PRI travel like crazy in the USL plus the CFU Club Championship and still managed to get to the semis. So...

MLS has huge problem with CCL, if they look like the care and dont win it they lose face.

If you know you wont beat the likes of Honduran club teams and Mexican club teams.. what does that say to your season ticket fans paying eighty bucks a ticket ?

So MLS is very content to bow out early, and mitigate the loss of face based on they were not interested, league comes first etc.

Remember if they did win and went to the World Club Championships.. how badly would they be found out against the likes of Man United.

CCL is marketing diaster for MLS as a business.

The only change that will come is when Canada has three MLS sides playing in the V Cup and then realize CCL is better option to show well in and generate revenue, each of TO, Van, and MTL have huge stadia to put games in during a CCL run at lower then average MLS ticket price points.

They can certainly find ways around the MLS roster limit and Salary Cap if certain players are not used in the MLS competition, indeed I suspect the players on TFC are already double registered once as Canadain pros to CSA and once to the USSF.

That would allow Trader MO to stock up on players if he understood the CSA rules and regulations on player registration.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

If you know you wont beat the likes of Honduran club teams and Mexican club teams.. what does that say to your season ticket fans paying eighty bucks a ticket ?

I understand what you're saying but then, why the Superliga ?

Remember if they did win and went to the World Club Championships.. how badly would they be found out against the likes of Man United.

Again I agree but that's the same with the winner of every CL except for the Copa Libertadores. Should we make the Club World Cup a UEFA vs. CONMEBOL competition ? (It's not a response to you but to MLS people)

CCL is marketing diaster for MLS as a business.

I know this is it but if two USL teams can reach the knockout rounds... Why this complex ? You can't grow up your league that way.

They can certainly find ways around the MLS roster limit and Salary Cap if certain players are not used in the MLS competition, indeed I suspect the players on TFC are already double registered once as Canadain pros to CSA and once to the USSF.

That would allow Trader MO to stock up on players if he understood the CSA rules and regulations on player registration.

Did I say I agree ? MLS roster limits IS NOT the reason why MLS teams are pathetic in CCL.

I constantly rant about NDS but I must admit Mo is no better...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was watching this CONCACAF preview of the final and was surprised to see that Pachuca has built a Joseph Blatter Pavilion.

Maybe we'd get a few more refereeing decisions going our way if we built a Jack Warner Pavilion in Canada.

Archived