Expansion?

Obinna

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Yes that is exactly correct. MLS teams have no depth and on many of the teams even the starters from 8 to 11 are poor. MLS has taken the policy of investing the majority of its money in a few players and paying the rest of the team poorly. Thus I think it is a false argument to say that MLS did poorly in Champions League because too many players were rested. They did poorly because they have poor to mediocre teams supplemented by 3 or 4 good players and 3 or 4 decent players and if a few of these are missing one sees how poor the teams really are. If you can put a decent side out when you have no injuries and have your absolute best 11 on the field but can not put out a decent side when a few players are missing, this is indicative of the poor quality of your team and league.

Additionally, I think too much is made of the Mexican and Central American teams not playing their best players. Olimpia had their best players on the pitch against us and Atlante only sat a couple of starters most of whom came on as substitutes.

I remember that Atlante games I think it was their first team except for their striking duo.

I pretty much agree with your post Grizzly, you've summed it up pretty well.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived