2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup 2009?

Red_Nation

Is there any updated news regarding where the Championship will be played...

Reports on FIFA.com last year had it being hosted in CANADA!

BUt nothing has been confirmed on this!

If we were indeed hosting this..wouldnt it have been confirmed by now??

any udates would be great !

cheers

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

A group in Toronto would be superb and honestly, should be very seriously considered by CSA and MLSE. Or split between TO and MTL one group. Could divide the matches fairly, but keep Canada in Toronto for 2 out of 3.

How could they say no to a group in Toronto? They would have to be MORONS.

A group with

Canada - Jamaica - ??? ???

Would sell out every game but MAYBE one. The one being between the two ??? but even then that would probably sell out as the ?? marks would probably be Costa Rica and some team like Haiti, Cuba or El Salvador

Huge revenue, great for the tourney because YOU KNOW that the US and Mexican groups will draw big in the states no matter what.

^ What Keegan wrote. It does seem like a no-brainer doesn't it? Canada is a poor draw anywhere but Canada. End of story. So let Canada play in Canada and let them play where they'll make the most money. No one could ever accuse the Gold Cup organizers of putting fair play before the almighty dollar.

Shame is the silver lining I'd found in the WCQ disaster was that I'd be thousands of dollars richer in '09 by not going to the MNT home dates for The Hex. But if Toronto/Montreal hosts Canada's group that will be three matches in a week! What would in effect be three home matches in a week. And as I've already banked holiday time in anticipation of The Hex..

Damn.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

^ What Keegan wrote. It does seem like a no-brainer doesn't it? Canada is a poor draw anywhere but Canada. End of story. So let Canada play in Canada and let them play where they'll make the most money. No one could ever accuse the Gold Cup organizers of putting fair play before the almighty dollar.

Shame is the silver lining I'd found in the WCQ disaster was that I'd be thousands of dollars richer in '09 by not going to the MNT home dates for The Hex. But if Toronto/Montreal hosts Canada's group that will be three matches in a week! What would in effect be three home matches in a week. And as I've already banked holiday time in anticipation of The Hex..

Damn.

Echo your last paragraph. I have a $500 westjet credit (flight rescheduling mishap) that I was saving for the hex... Well, I'd for sure be there if the group is in Toronto!

Archived