Newfie Qualifier

Bates

If anyone would like a reason to give NL's KG5th park a qualifier you would like to know that between 2 and 3 thousand took in NL1's first game last night. NL1's home field is about 200 miles from St. John's and this was a Wednesday night. Look for more on Friday!!!! We could easily fill the place and it would definately be Pro Canada. Not to mention our Southern friends might have some issues with the weather!!!

quote:Originally posted by Bates

If anyone would like a reason to give NL's KG5th park a qualifier you would like to know that between 2 and 3 thousand took in NL1's first game last night. NL1's home field is about 200 miles from St. John's and this was a Wednesday night. Look for more on Friday!!!! We could easily fill the place and it would definately be Pro Canada. Not to mention our Southern friends might have some issues with the weather!!!

This is the Newfoundland and Labrador provincial championships right?

He's talking about the Nationals - the senior men's Challenge Cup. Due to the inability of one of the provinces to even field a team, Newfoundland and Labrador have two teams in on the men's side, NL1 and NL2.

NL1 = St. Lawerence Laurentians

NL2 = Fieldians (St. John's based team)

What Bates is saying is that nearly half the town of St. Lawerence (population 800-900 mabye?) will drive 5 hours to St. John's to support their team. However, I doubt they would make the trip for a WCQ--and even if 1/10th of them did, they DEFFINATLY wouldn't be as passionate for Canada as they are for the Laurentians. They are great fans, great travelling fans who show up and support their team every nationals, but...I think you would be hard pressed to even find 10 of them watching tomorrows game...considering tomorrow is Saturday (Hockey Night in Canada).

It would be great if they were die hard for Canada like they were for St. Lawerence but their not. And if you think they WOULD show up to see Canada play, ask youself, where were they when our Women played China? or when our U-15 boys played here? etc..

What Bates is saying is that nearly half the town of St. Lawerence (population 800-900 mabye?) will drive 5 hours to St. John's to support their team. However, I doubt they would make the trip for a WCQ--and even if 1/10th of them did, they DEFFINATLY wouldn't be as passionate for Canada as they are for the Laurentians. They are great fans, great travelling fans who show up and support their team every nationals, but...I think you would be hard pressed to even find 10 of them watching tomorrows game...considering tomorrow is Saturday (Hockey Night in Canada).

It would be great if they were die hard for Canada like they were for St. Lawerence but their not. And if you think they WOULD show up to see Canada play, ask youself, where were they when our Women played China? or when our U-15 boys played here? etc..

quote:Originally posted by Obinna

Obina...you build passionate fans .. one person at at time, sometimes all it takes is for a self absorbed coach to walk five feet and shake a hand to make a fan of the National Team.. when was the last time you ever saw that....

Archived