2009 Gold Cup

Reds YNWA

quote:Originally posted by gator

Very good points and observations Free Kick! What do you think of the idea of just Canada hosting their group at BMO? I think we could draw deceny numbers, I'd like to see it! Seems we've played in front of some pretty small crowds in the US!

BMO or Stade Saputo would probably do fine. Though, as it stands now, SS might be too small for what Jack Warner wants. You have a large latin american community in both areas and you dont have excess capacity ( ie.: too many seats to sell).

Only problem is that you would have to expect to get outnumbered in the stands in matches against certain sides.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

BMO or Stade Saputo would probably do fine. Though, as it stands now, SS might be too small for what Jack Warner wants. You have a large latin american community in both areas and you dont have excess capacity ( ie.: too many seats to sell).

Only problem is that you would have to expect to get outnumbered in the stands in matches against certain sides.

I think the Latin community is much bigger in Toronto than in Montreal, but as we saw against Hondur-ass they don't seem to have much trouble getting here from places like New-York, Boston and the like. [V]

I was in Houston for the 2005 Gold Cup. Reliant Stadium was packed almost with all Mexican fans with their game against Jamaica. I would love to see Canada host some of the 2009 Gold Cup games. However I unfortunately understand why CONCACRAP play all the Gold Cup games in the United States or Mexico is because it is a cash cow. Canada deserves to host one.

Archived