Edmonton Meet-Up, June 20th SVG Game

Ok, I'll try to be there about 5pm - I doubt we have to reserve much of anything though. It's not like the time I watched Gold Cup 2002 (Haiti-Canada) there and was relegated to the small t.v. upstairs while the rest of the bar watched a meaningless Oilers/Ducks tilt in February.

Luckily I made a friend from Malawi.. who couldn't believe we were the only ones watching the game.

I would definitely come, but I'm out of town at the moment.

Not to worry - I'll definitely be interested in one of these meet-ups for the WCQ games in September and October...and hopefully the ''hex'' next year

Hopefully a voyageurs section is prevalent for the rumoured October 15 game against Mexico

quote:Originally posted by Kicked

I'm in! Hey River City, do you still have my scarf? If you do I'll stick around (and promise not to tell you the result ;) )

Crap...I'm down to one scarf....mine and desperately trying to get more from out east. Gave the second last one I had to a Brasilian girl in Seattle....

Email me at River_City_Edmonton@hotmail.com for my cell number. Actually for all Edmonton area guys, we need to get an email and phone list going so we can start planning the V's section for the October game.

We're beating VAG and we're going to the HEX baby!

I'm in for E&C tomorrow too... and I've been telling anyone who'll listen to come join us.

Kicked - I have an extra Voyageurs scraf hanging around for you. I'm not sure what the arrangement with River City is/was, but I'm sure we can work something out.

If you guys want to discuss it, send me an email at @hotmail.com

I had a fashion crisis this morning... I couldn't decide if I should wear the red or the whites. In the end, I had my wife decide for me and although I'm not convinced she put the required amount of thought into the decision, we settled on the Reds.

I've got my V-scarf (and an extra one for Kicked), which is proudly on display in my office at the moment. I can just tell I'm not going to get any work done today...

I am doing the same, strobe_z. My scarf is hanging in my office. We have a guy who is on exchange in Edmonton from our Turkey office who is super pumped about the Croatia/Turkey match later on today. He asked me why I have a Canada scarf on my desk, and I replied that we are also playing today. He was in disbelief and asked me why nobody else is excited for the Canada match.

Hopefully with a few positive results in this qualifying tournament, we can change this!

Archived