UEFA Cup Final (R)

Skippy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7393752.stm

Was an OK game, they deserved to win, 2 well played goals i'd say.

The thing thats gonna take the light of the UEFA cup, and is gonna reallyreallyREALLY cause some havoc is the behaviour of the Rangers fans. They rioted with the police and themself, and practically destroyed Manchester!

Feel sorry to the real Rangers fans who are also gonna get punished.

Guest Jeffery S.

Instead of watching the game I went to a performance at an art gallery where a fully naked 23 year-old female Italian artist made a huge quantity of organic bread dough by rolling, flopping and writhing around in flour and water for half an hour.

How was the match?

Actually Jefferey the naked 23 year old was probably better if she was pretty and maybe even if she was not (you need to invite me to some of these exhibitions). Only one side came to play football today. I was hoping for Zenit from my time in Russia but since I am of Scottish background theoretically a Rangers win would not have been that bad. Rangers played 11 men back in the first half. I think they went over the half line 4 times in the first 90 minutes. Advocaat has got some results with Zenit but he keeps making stupid mistakes. Pogrebniak needed one more yellow card to get suspended for this match. He was the top striker in the UEFA Cup. After 3-0 against Bayern Advocaat needed to sub him off. If not that at least after 4-0 but no he left him on, he got one more yellow card and the best striker in UEFA was suspended for the match to be replaced by a far less good Fatih Tekke. They really missed Pogrebniak today and his absence gave Rangers a chance. The first half from Rangers was the worst anti-football I have seen in a long time. In the first half Zenit had 10 shots, 4 on net while Rangers had 3 shots none on net. Yet Max Bretos and the Rangers supporting commentary found reason to declare a good half by Rangers. To me it reminded me of Cup games when 5th division teams play 1st division teams but at least it was 0-0 at the half.

The second half at least Rangers started to try and enter Zenit territory and even had one good scoring chance, their only one the whole game. I can appreciate if there are two teams playing and the team I support doesn't win but today it would have been a disgrace to football if Rangers had won. Zenit on the other hand is a mostly Russian squad and played very impressive technical football. Both goals were beautiful. It seems like after 15 years of decline the Russians are starting to play beautiful technical football like the old Soviet squads. Russia has won UEFA for the 2nd time in 4 years and are now rightfully in my opinion ranked the 6th best European league after France. In the last 5 years only Spanish and Russian clubs have won UEFA. I watched the 4-0 Zenit victory over Bayern while in Germany as the only won cheering for Zenit but I respect Bayern for trying to get a result. Rangers were absolute S-H-I-T today and were only playing defence to try to get to penalties.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Instead of watching the game I went to a performance at an art gallery where a fully naked 23 year-old female Italian artist made a huge quantity of organic bread dough by rolling, flopping and writhing around in flour and water for half an hour.

How was the match?

What a waste that she didn`t wrestle in the stuff with another fully naked 23 year-old feamle "artist"!!!!!!!!!!

Just to further fuel my imagination, Jeffrey, how would you define "not fully naked"?

Rangers did not belong in the same stadium as Zenit, who should have had two penalties for handballs.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by beachesl

What a waste that she didn`t wrestle in the stuff with another fully naked 23 year-old feamle "artist"!!!!!!!!!!

Just to further fuel my imagination, Jeffrey, how would you define "not fully naked"?

Wearing something.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Rangers did not belong in the same stadium as Zenit, who should have had two penalties for handballs.

The two penalties for handballs I saw evened out as both teams made one that wasn't called but probably should have been? In the first half a Rangers player made a clear handball in the box for which no penalty was awarded. In the second half a Zenit player did the same thing and no penalty was awarded probably because the ref knew he missed the first handball and this was even up.

quote:Originally posted by Skippy

They rioted with the police and themself, and practically destroyed Manchester!

Are you sure? I didn't read any reports saying that they damaged parts of Manchester. I saw photos showing lots of garbage left on and around the main square but that's inevitable and not really a big deal IMO.

Here are some reports via the BBC. The Police were attacked and I believe what caused all this was just before the game one of the big screens in Manchester went down 5 mins before the game started and when Rangers lost that was the last straw for the fans.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7404185.stm

Aftermath pictures on below link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7403492.stm

Archived