Imhof signs contract extension with Bochum

greenfield

From Sky Sports ...

Bochum midfielder Daniel Imhof has agreed a contract extension at the Ruhr Valley outfit.

The 30-year-old Canadian international put pen-to-paper on a new two-year deal on Wednesday with Bochum having an option for a further season.

After spending most of last season on the bench, Imhoff has been an integral part of Bochum's impressive Bundesliga season this term and has now been rewarded for his efforts:

"Daniel has shown this season how important he is for the team," Bochum coach Marcel Koller told the club's official website.

"He has shown that he can hold his own in the Bundesliga and I am pleased that we can reckon with him in the future."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11881_3437505,00.html

If we are picking players on current form, I can't see Imhof missing out on the holding midfield role in WCQ this summer. If we play 4-1-4-1, he's got to be the lone holding midfielder. If it's going to be a 4-2-3-1, I'd couple him with JDG or Hutch as the two midfielders who hold, with the other playing as part of the attacking midfield trio. The only way I wouldn't pick him is if it's a straight 4-4-2 to accomodate the Radz/Friend little and large strike partnership. In that case, it'd have to be JDG and Hutch in the middle with DeRo on the left and Hume or Issey on the right.

What a great success for Imhof. For all the scarifices made to journey abroad this is very deserved.

I don't think I can say that we have seen his play at the Bundesliga 1 level translate to the nats yet. But he hasn't really been given the chance.

Obvioulsy the holding man in a 4-1-4-1. (if Nsaliwa isnt available)

DeRosario------------------Radzniski

---------DeGuzman---Hutchinson------

---------------Imhof----------------

In a four man midfield, he probably doesnt slide in.

All depends on tactics. Versus a USA or Mexico he could play an important role stabilizing the midfield hold.

it sure is great to see him with the support of his team....really, you could make the case that he is the canadian playing at the highest level of any in the world right now....he is only one of three seeing regular time in a top 5 league and is mid table while the others are fighting relegation.

he has certainly snuck under the radar and probably doesnt get the attention he deserves.

quote:Originally posted by trueviking

it sure is great to see him with the support of his team....really, you could make the case that he is the canadian playing at the highest level of any in the world right now....he is only one of three seeing regular time in a top 5 league and is mid table while the others are fighting relegation.

he has certainly snuck under the radar and probably doesnt get the attention he deserves.

errr I'd say JDG is at a higher level, and Depor are mid-table now.

But anyways, bit props to Daniel!

yeah, i said, it could be argued...you are right...depor has climbed the table...rewind my argument 2 months.

its still amazing that someone who gets very little attention on this forum and is hardly a given for the nats plays every day for a decent bundesliga side.

Archived