Begovic Loan at Yeovil Town

N-A

Should be I hope. Yeovil former loan keeper ( Flinders )has been a regular starter recently. He has been recalled to Crystal Palace as he may have a long term deal with Blackpool in the pipeline.

quote:Originally posted by N-A

Should be I hope. Yeovil former loan keeper ( Flinders )has been a regular starter recently. He has been recalled to Crystal Palace as he may have a long term deal in place soon.

I see they have another keeper with some valuable experience, Steve Mildenhall. I guess the situation will be similar to the one with Bournemouth, bring the young prospect to challenge the older keeper.

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

It looks as if Begovic is pretty far down in the eyes of Dasovic at least he was behind Waagenar and Monsalve

No no no

Begovic was suspended for the first game due to his red card against Congo at the U-20. He was then recalled by his club after that game.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

No no no

Begovic was suspended for the first game due to his red card against Congo at the U-20. He was then recalled by his club after that game.

So they carried over a FIFA suspension, but didn't make it a FIFA sanctioned international where he would have to be released from his club...

quote:Originally posted by Desigol

Begovic needs more playing time.

For Canada? You bet.

For Yeovil? Well, after his recent stellar performance, you have to think he's gonna get it:D If he plays like he did in that match, he'll have no problem getting consistent minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by N-A

Just an update

Begovic is back at Portsmouth

See

Canadians Abroad: April 4-10, 2008

I understand the move by Portsmouth who are needing cover at the position but it's not in Asmir best interests to sit on the bench instead of getting playing time at a lower level.

Archived