Women's development teams - U15

Soccer9

quote:Originally posted by Richard

And still clubs will vote down any proposal to increase levies to the national team programs.

Clubs dont vote it down ..Provinces do ..its a tax ...the clubs have no real say they pay or they dont get to be clubs... lets be clear where the power and responsibility lays... who is your provinces ...president ?

Who is your provincial board.

I don't know what province you live in but in BC such issues are addressed at the provincial association annual general meetings. The folks who vote represent the clubs, districts and leagues, they are the ones who vote so yes, it is the clubs who vote such stuff down.

It's the same for Manitoba. I was a representative to MSA for a community club and got to vote on bye laws and changes to the constitution. Many of the representatives where volunteers who were not really interested in soccer. They just stepped forward to do the necessary job of registering players and organize teams, find coaches and present budgets to the board. My experience led me to believe that soccer was used by most comunity clubs as a "cash cow". Excess funds which in some cases as some clubs could run into the thousands of dollars were turned over to General Revenues at the end of each season. I always budgeted for a small surplus ($200 or so) and I once put in my budget to cover the registration fee for a coach's child but was told I couldn't do it because they would have to do it for coaches of other sports too. Soccer was, and I believe still is the cheapest of the sports offered by the club. I really believe that soccer would be better served if community clubs did not have anything to do with the sport. We should use a club model with district representation to the Provencial association. Too much money for the powers that be to change this.

quote:Originally posted by Soccer9

So you mean that the U17 youth team will have to rely on out-of-Country invites to get them ready for the 2008 FIFA U17 Women's World Cup? Pretty concerning...

Hey CoachRich, and what about the U20 whose WC is next year as well. I am pretty sure the Chileans would like to show the Canadians what hospitality is without police intervention.

I somehow doubt the Canadian kids would punch any female Chilean police officer in the face, rumble with the police or trash the supplied team bus to the tune of $35,000 in damages then have the prime minister of Canada demand an apology from the Chilean government.

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

Hey CoachRich, and what about the U20 whose WC is next year as well. I am pretty sure the Chileans would like to show the Canadians what hospitality is without police intervention.

Do we have a team w/ team officials? If so they haven't done much since August 23, 2006. Maybe I dreaming but when I visit the Seniors I'm sure Ian Bridge is there. Hmmmmm, maybe there's no money for a team.

No team, no money, no shot to the head ;)

It seems to me that this type of funding & budget (National developmental/junior teams)has to be set at the National level as these are the feeder teams into the senior National Teams and should be a priority. i.e. CSA blueprint for success..

Club or even Provincial associations representatives would almost never vote for increased funding for such teams as it is seen only as a very small % of the player population.

On that note, the CSA has just annnounced the roster for the next U16 BOYS camp...

quote:Originally posted by CoachRich

Do we have a team w/ team officials? If so they haven't done much since August 23, 2006. Maybe I dreaming but when I visit the Seniors I'm sure Ian Bridge is there. Hmmmmm, maybe there's no money for a team.

No team, no money, no shot to the head ;)

Hey, you and I can coach the team voluntarily. Let us talk to LanChile to get tickets at cost and arrange for billeting for the players. Forget the CSA.

Archived