Canada vs Mexico (R)

Alberto7

imagine if Mexican coach had the luxury of having the kind of residency program that Peleurud had.

Pelerud has max out on his playing style it does not matter how much money is invested in prep games and residency program his training method and vision has reach its peak.

it might have been good quick fix band aid solution for the short run a few yrs ago the fact that he stuck with the same style has been a detriment to the development of his players in the long run.

imagine if Mexican coach had the luxury of having the kind of residency program that Peleurud had.

Pelerud has max out on his playing style it does not matter how much money is invested in prep games and residency program his training method and vision has reach its peak.

it might have been good quick fix band aid solution for the short run a few yrs ago the fact that he stuck with the same style has been a detriment to the development of his players in the long run.

If you want to change the style of play, you better be more specific than no direct play. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of any of this... I think the human pricetag a couple of great Canadians paid for it all is shameful. But our Viking style of play is the reality of living beside a country that has 30 registered players for every 1 we do. Think about what that means when you opt to go up the middle. 30 to 1.

If the results don't work, it's not neccessarily the system at fault. We've been doing this for a long time and had a lot of success up to late May. In this case I think it's just the players and the application.

Player-wise, IMHO it's all a little stale. Check out the USA 18 names for the WWC... a ton of freshness and turnover (Dalmy, Hucles, Lopez, Ellertson, Jobson, Barnhart, and even then Chalupny, Kai, and Solo aren't veterans by any stretch). They have 6 new names from when we played them a year ago. Yet our squad looks to be little or more likely no fresh blood at all. Where the Americans are finding the best players for each position (and keeping things fresh), we're retrofitting out-of-position nepotistically. We probably don't have a choice though... that's the downside of the contractual residency program.

Application-wise, they're all just fried. Anyone with their first coaching level can tell you that. They're physically and mentally burnt out. Every single result and appraisial I've read in the past few months screams it (no juice, injuries, flat, down, missed opportunities, vision, etc). They're also probably a little sick of each other... they've all been out of their lifesupport systems (families, friends, etc) for a long time. And that has a degradive cumulative effect on your mental well-being. And if there's one thing you can't do, it's play uptempo direct and pressing soccer without a huge amount of physical and mental energy.

September is a long, long time away. I've seen teams turn it around in a week. I still think we'll beat Norway out to win Group C and then get a rematch with Brazil on neutral soil, and then beat them to meet Germany in the semis.

quote:Originally posted by Vic

If you want to change the style of play, you better be more specific than no direct play. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of any of this... I think the human pricetag a couple of great Canadians paid for it all is shameful. But our Viking style of play is the reality of living beside a country that has 30 registered players for every 1 we do. Think about what that means when you opt to go up the middle. 30 to 1.

If the results don't work, it's not neccessarily the system at fault. We've been doing this for a long time and had a lot of success up to late May. In this case I think it's just the players and the application.

Player-wise, IMHO it's all a little stale. Check out the USA 18 names for the WWC... a ton of freshness and turnover (Dalmy, Hucles, Lopez, Ellertson, Jobson, Barnhart, and even then Chalupny, Kai, and Solo aren't veterans by any stretch). They have 6 new names from when we played them a year ago. Yet our squad looks to be little or more likely no fresh blood at all. Where the Americans are finding the best players for each position (and keeping things fresh), we're retrofitting out-of-position nepotistically. We probably don't have a choice though... that's the downside of the contractual residency program.

Application-wise, they're all just fried. Anyone with their first coaching level can tell you that. They're physically and mentally burnt out. Every single result and appraisial I've read in the past few months screams it (no juice, injuries, flat, down, missed opportunities, vision, etc). They're also probably a little sick of each other... they've all been out of their lifesupport systems (families, friends, etc) for a long time. And that has a degradive cumulative effect on your mental well-being. And if there's one thing you can't do, it's play uptempo direct and pressing soccer without a huge amount of physical and mental energy.

September is a long, long time away. I've seen teams turn it around in a week. I still think we'll beat Norway out to win Group C and then get a rematch with Brazil on neutral soil, and then beat them to meet Germany in the semis.

I agree with all you say, except for your last paragraph which sound a bit optimistic in my view. The burnt out and injuries situation is something that the coach was forewarned long ago. But then he is too stubborn and know-it-all to listen. He is paying the consequences now, plus his bench is just too shallow. September is not that far away considering they will be leaving for China in August, maybe two weeks earlier that their first game.

It is true that the coach's band-aid-style gave him success for a number of years, however the band-aid's glue is not sticking any longer. I don't expect anything style-wise to change between now and the WC. Coaches tend to be a one style creatures.

Do you think he will stay around until the Olympics next year when his contract is up?

a mixure of slow build up and fast break is what I am hoping for

had the skillful players like Amanda which I beleive is the most skillful midfield female player in Canada been allowed to play a more control game been in a residency program and with a more short passing oriented coach they would have developed into more complete and sophistated players.

right now players that on his roaster are more like robots programmed to release the ball forward aimlessly.

there is zero fun in training when all you are ordered to do is thump the ball forward dont dare try any little trick like step over etc that is sure to be your passport out of the residency program and you wonder why the players are not clicking and burned out mentally and physically.

dont exepect any change with Pelerud around

after the world cup it will be Olympic qualifying time should we qualify for that then he wont temper with anything just a few tune up games towards the Olympics.

after the last Olympic qualifying fiasco this team is playing an even more uglier kick and run style of soccer.

I watched the game they played a few months back against the US and his team was very disorganised from the keeper to front players

zero cohesion and cohesion you would expect to be the #1 byproduct of any residency program if his only usage of such a program is to get them more physical why waste all that money and opportunities just get them to sign into a gym program.

The residency program have shown one thing, the more time the players spend with Pellerud the less creative they become.

Canadian fans should brace themselve for yet another painful display of soccer by yet another CSA assembled product.

Archived