A nation is in complete outrage

We were gathered at the house with the familly and kept cheering them on till the end. After the red card I was sure we would convert something and not a second too late, or so we thought. I fell to my knees, hitting the floor and it took a few minutes for the whole thing to sink in. After feeling bad for at least an hour about the entire mess and re-watching over and over and over, hoping something would change...it never did. We all had an empty feeling inside but a great deal of pride for our boys who held their heads high and wore our colours with pride thruout the entire tourney. Then Andrew called for comfort and our reaction on the game and it turned into a sob fest... I've been at work for 4 hours now and i just cant get into it. I'm going home !!!

<---- American

I cried. It was so heart breaking. As soon as Iain Hume came in (someone I honestly never heard of) the game flipped upside down for USA. Granted Iain should have gotten a yellow somewhere in there, the way he was flattening Americans, but he changed the game around.

Then, I saw that equalizer, OFF THE HEAD OF ONYEWU, get called off. I cried. My g/f thought I was losing my mind. It was such an epic game, and it would have only done justice to take it into extra time. I feel so hard for you guys.

Sadly, the entire Gold Cup was scripted to have USA - Mexico in the final. If you want to watch the Gold Cup just for the love of watching football, then I'd encourage you to follow it.

But it's nothing more than a collection of pre-WC qualifying friendlies used to maximize renenues for the confederation, with USA - Mexico being the last friendly which was scheduled for 24th of June months ago.

Truly a mickey-mouse tournament.

I sat down to watch this watch on tape delay because I could not watch the match live at 7pm as I was busy bringing my wife and newborn home from the hospital (She came home wrapped in a TFC scarf BTW).

I thought that the karma was working for Canada. Baby born...big game against the US. it had to be our night and it just about was our night until that -sshole asst ref blew the offside call and Archundia did nothing about it. I was apoplectic. I woke the children with all my swearing. wife was pissed...all in all, not a pretty a sight.

On the positive side of things, I think team Canada proved something in this tournament. The talent is there. Tactically, we were not too bad. We have good depth at most positions. The future is bright. The US and Mexico better watch their backs and the rest of Concacaf better get used to looking at the back of our jerseys as ascend to our rightful place in this corrupt confederation.

quote:Originally posted by CoachRich

Yep, it's time for the CSA to get off their arses & make a statement for the fans & country. We ain't going to take it anymore!!!

Yes, as Ben Knight said in his excellent article today, Colin Linford must tear a strip out of the CONCACAF brass. If need be, he should take this to FIFA. FIFA wants to make real in roads into this region, especially in the US (and it seems, Canada), and some impassioned, intelligent ass-kicking could do much to improve things, especially come WCQ. We are playing the sort of football that FIFA wants to see more of, and with our reputation--ever growing--of an exemplary host nation for FIFA tournaments, I think we have some real pull here. Come on Colin and crew, let's get on this.

Forgot two very important comments:

1) VPjr: congrats to you and your family on the birth of your baby girl. Has she been capped for Canada yet?

2) Last night in the "In Game" thread, somebody referred to Donovan as a whore. I dislike the guy immensely, but want to point out there is only one whore in the eyes of most Voyageurs, and that honour rests with some Canadian born dude who chose to play for mother England instead of us. Donovan's daddy, by the way, is Canadian, is he not?

Guest speedmonk42

At Scallywags I thought a bunch of calm polite door holding pleasant Canadian fans were going to destroy the place for a couple of minutes.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

It's been down since at least 10:00 pm EST last night.

They are all busy in Toronto arranging Chilean Dancer's, Tonada singers and roving Empanada vendors for July 1 [}:)]

Sorry a cheap shot at the CSA, but it had to be taken :)

Archived