Craig Forrest joins CBC Soccer team

I am glad you like the find. I was bored and went to the CBC site and found it out.

I like Craig Forrest. He always tries to provide good Analysis. Nigel Reed will be an excellent commentator for the CBC. I look forward to Mitch Peacock doing sideline (?) analysis with CBC. I wonder if now that Peacock is going to be working for CBC during MLS telecasts, is he done with FSWC?

Too bad CBC couldnt get Dick Howard.

Only problem is with Steve Armitage? Seriously. Could they have not gotten a better person to call FIFA U-20 games.

I was wondering why Forrest was shying away from making a comeback with TFC - when he clearly wanted to - because of concerns about his broadcasting career. With the EPL on Sportsnet coming to an end soon, and Sportsnet only covering eight TFC games (with one already done), it appeared to me that a back-up keeper role was possible with this diminished schedule. Obviously, he was already in talks with CBC, and getting that much work with Canada's biggest network is alot better career-wise then trying to revive old muscles/joints to play 1-2 more years as a back-up when you have already accomplished so much at a higher level.

It is a shame that he won't play again. He is clearly the best keeper Canada has ever had. I felt that if he could regain 50% of what he had, he would be a capable MLS back-up, and if he regained 80% then he could challenge Sutton for #1. At 90%, he would start tempting a new MNT coach to bring him to the GC instead of Sutton to see if 2000 could be relived!

Nonetheless, this is the right call and is good for him, the CBC, and soccer fans watching the games on TV. Partnering him with Nigel Reed with create perhaps the best duo that one can create in Canada with the talent available. Peacock was pretty good with the U-20 friendlies against Scotland, but the CBC must be extremely desperate for West Coast expertise if they are using Lenarduzzi. He does not have the talent for broadcasting, and he seems to be abit of a soccer dinosaur - completely out of touch - in a way you might expect of someone much older.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by mrpopulistfutebol

I am glad you like the find. I was bored and went to the CBC site and found it out.

Really the amazing thing here is that you went to the CBC website.

quote:Originally posted by KAS

With the EPL on Sportsnet coming to an end soon, and Sportsnet only covering eight TFC games (with one already done),

being lazy here (as well as a thread hijacker) but what is the landscape for soccer tv next year? Is sentanta going to be offered on a terrestrial basis of via digital cable (don't think you can get it vie MTS or Shaw)? Is FSWC just done for now?

On an un-hijacked basis, I too like Mitch and Craig and am looking forward to their broadcasting with the CBC.

Archived