Left Midfielder.

bettermirror

Not rocket science, but just realized that the signings that TFC have made so far do give us some indication of where MLS is in comparison with the British leagues. I realize it is not an exact science but, if guys like Welsh and Brennan, who were most recently borderline Championship players practically walk straight into the first team, I think there is every indication that Toronto, if not much of the MLS is at a low Championship level in terms of quality.

The same holds true, for me at least, when you look at much of the Canadian and American talent throughout MLS. The guys have either just finished up a premiership (or similar level league)career, or are just about to (or should be about to- a la DDR) embark on one, make up a lot of the better players, so I think it is safe to say that MLS is pretty close to Championship level football.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

I think it is safe to say that MLS is pretty close to Championship level football.

I would concur. And that's not really anything to sneeze at, all things considered. If the league starts paying better, you might be looking at a league that is equal to the CCC or the lesser Euro 1st divisions

Archived