Tempests in A Teapot For TFC

Bill Ault

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Nice article.

It's funny to hear bandwagonners complain that they can't get the Beckham game only. The people who have interest in more than one date should have first dibs on seeing him.

Thought I would copy and paste a post from Zacrwe on the u-sector board. Other than the fact that he is a Leafs fan and I am not, it pretty much sums it all up. I too have no sympathies for these types.

-------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (toronto red @ Feb 16 2007, 12:19 PM)

What about trying to get a ticket for a Leaf's play off game. Now that's a rip.

From ZACRWE

Exactly, Im a massive fan and I can't even go to a playoff game, cause I don't make millions or have a "hook-up."

Am I mad about that, that suits who hardly cheer go to the games instead of real supporters, sure. but I know the situation and shut my trap. I'd look like an idiot if I called in to a radio show complaining about the availability of Leaf tickets.

It's funny that one guy can make such a stink... Where were these people when Romario came with Miami FC? Maybe it's not the same, but to me it feels the same. Two world class players came to Toronto, look at the diff.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Two world class players came to Toronto, look at the diff."

The difference is, one is MLS where a franchise costs $10 million or more and the other USL where a franchise costs in the hundreds of thousands rather than tens of millions. In the pro sports entertainment business it is all about money.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

"Two world class players came to Toronto, look at the diff."

The difference is, one is MLS where a franchise costs $10 million or more and the other USL where a franchise costs in the hundreds of thousands rather than tens of millions. In the pro sports entertainment business it is all about money.

That's so true. Reminds me of that poster from Vancouver in the season ticket thread who can't understand why TFC is getting a lot more support than the Lynx did.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

That's so true. Reminds me of that poster from Vancouver in the season ticket thread who can't understand why TFC is getting a lot more support than the Lynx did.

I wasn't surprised that TFC was getting more support than the Lynx. Re-read my post. I was surprised that the season tickets were so high for a first year operation. Believe me, I expected MLS to be more of a draw than the Lynx.

quote:Originally posted by Danny Boy

I wasn't surprised that TFC was getting more support than the Lynx. Re-read my post. I was surprised that the season tickets were so high for a first year operation. Believe me, I expected MLS to be more of a draw than the Lynx.

We're all surprised Danny. We all also knew it would be head and shoulders above the Lynx but 12.5 going on 13k. It's mindblowing.

db

Archived