Scotia SC Starts Sr Nationals With Win

quote:Originally posted by analyst

and, unfortunately my hometown BC teams lost one and tied one yesterday. The Vancouver Firefighters lost 5-3 to Ontario while Sapperton tied Manitoba 1-1.

Yes, THB took over the game I hear.

NS will have to face Calgary soon, who have pumelled their first two opponents.

Quebec had a surpising 2-2 draw with NFLD yesterday.

Today, Ontario destroyed Manitoba, and the BC #2 team (Firefighters) beat the #1 BC team (Sapperton).

The 4 semi-finalists will be Ontario, Calgary, Quebec and NS. Game of the week will be Ontario vs Calgary.

I think theyll lose to Clagary. Ken Nutt is on that team, if it's the same player, he was back to back CIS tourney MVP in 2000 and 2001 with Laurier and played so well against SMU each time it was like he was skating on ice, he was unbelievable, no one could touch him. Devereaux is fat and hasnt played this summer, I don't think they have the goods up front. I predict Alberta win 2-1 or 1-0. But it might be enough to reach the semi's as the 4 seed. Alberta has had the strongest mens teams the last few years at the Challange Cup.

I think theyll lose to Clagary. Ken Nutt is on that team, if it's the same player, he was back to back CIS tourney MVP in 2000 and 2001 with Laurier and played so well against SMU each time it was like he was skating on ice, he was unbelievable, no one could touch him. Devereaux is fat and hasnt played this summer, I don't think they have the goods up front. I predict Alberta win 2-1 or 1-0. But it might be enough to reach the semi's as the 4 seed. Alberta has had the strongest mens teams the last few years at the Challange Cup.

The Callies with the ex-Storm boys might just win the big one this year. Mark Slade, Steffen Holdt, Nikky Reyes, Jamie Auvigne, Liam de Silva, Felix Napuri - quality players and nice young fellas to boot. And how could I forget Mr Tommy Wheeldon Jr.

quote:Originally posted by Soccerpro

Ryan played games this summer and he scored goals too.

Do you even watch the NSSL games ?

Yes I used to played for Athens and Dunbrack and played with Ryan for 3 years at SMU. He played all of 4 games this summer, he lives in Ottawa. Did u not see him in provincial final, and to the media when he said he was fat and out of shape? Just look at him...

Just a few thoughts from Surrey:

Ontario look very strong going forward as they have scored on every chance they have had. They have looked a little suspect at the back and are a beatable team but I would not be surprised if they won the title.

Quebec may win their group but are lucky to have tied NL and beat NB. They could easily have lost both games.

Alberta have played as good as needed and look to be a threat to win it all. I don't see NS as good enough to beat this team.

I will predict an Ont vs Alberta final with it being too close to call.

On a side note it would be nice if the host commitee would mow the pasture that they are using as field #7. You would have to hit the ball 100 mph to move it ten feet on the grass.

Callies spank Scotia 4-0. This is what happens when you get a bunch of guys in/close to their prime who played pdl and A league level against some guys in their 30's and late teens/20ish. Scotia isnt near the quality that K.O.D was when they won nationals in 2001.

Alberta is quite the powerhouse the last few years. Their mens Canada Games team in 2001 was also heads and shoulders above all the other provinces

Callies spank Scotia 4-0. This is what happens when you get a bunch of guys in/close to their prime who played pdl and A league level against some guys in their 30's and late teens/20ish. Scotia isnt near the quality that K.O.D was when they won nationals in 2001.

Alberta is quite the powerhouse the last few years. Their mens Canada Games team in 2001 was also heads and shoulders above all the other provinces

Edmonton Green & Gold also had a good amount of USL and NPSL experience on their rosters.

Soccerpro seems to know alot for someone who OBVIOUSLY is not at the tournament... it's amazing what one can infer from a 50 word Daily News write up...

Alberta was a powerhouse and dominated what should have been a closer scoreline. Two ridiculous long range goals from the tourneys BEST player, Nikko Reyes bloated this scoreline.

As for Soccerpros KOD comments... whatever. Different team, different age makeup, different aspirations. Every team goes to Nationals to win but this is an experience that will make Scotia a better team in future years.

Scotia has done a superb job of using EVERY SINGLE ROSTER PLAYER in this tournament, everyone has contributed. They are a true TEAM, that enjoy theeir football and enjoy playing together. They are rested and will bring home a medal! Ontario in the semi-final will be a tough test having beaten the Toronto Lynx 2-nil in their final warm-up match. Quebec has not impressed thus far drawing physical but disappointing NFLD and SASK, while struggling to beat lowly NB.

Go Scotia Go!!

quote:Originally posted by Golden Goal

Soccerpro seems to know alot for someone who OBVIOUSLY is not at the tournament... it's amazing what one can infer from a 50 word Daily News write up...

Alberta was a powerhouse and dominated what should have been a closer scoreline. Two ridiculous long range goals from the tourneys BEST player, Nikko Reyes bloated this scoreline.

As for Soccerpros KOD comments... whatever. Different team, different age makeup, different aspirations. Every team goes to Nationals to win but this is an experience that will make Scotia a better team in future years.

Scotia has done a superb job of using EVERY SINGLE ROSTER PLAYER in this tournament, everyone has contributed. They are a true TEAM, that enjoy theeir football and enjoy playing together. They are rested and will bring home a medal! Ontario in the semi-final will be a tough test having beaten the Toronto Lynx 2-nil in their final warm-up match. Quebec has not impressed thus far drawing physical but disappointing NFLD and SASK, while struggling to beat lowly NB.

Go Scotia Go!!

What do you mean infering from a Daily news writeup? I'm not at the tournament, if i was I OBVIOUSLY would have said I was at the tournament. I predicted THE DAY BEFORE THE DAILY NEWS WRITE UP that Scotia would lose because Alberta has a stronger mens ciruit, and typically is the favorite at the senior mens level. I even gave an example of a player on the Callies who outclassed several Scotia players while they played for SMU and showed he was a CIS tournament MVP, providing a reason while they would lose. Calgary has former pro players, Scotia doesn't, easy to predict the outcome.

I never said this experience won't make Scotia stronger in the future, I said K.O.D were on a different level than the current Scotia team, ask anyone who has watched the NSSL in the last 10 years, they'll tell you the same thing.

Using every single player on the roster and being a true team is great if this was a thread predicting the outcome of the special olympics. This thread was a prediction thread for Scotia at nationals, My Prediciton that Scotia would lose to Calgary was correct.

Please read my post before you respond next time.

What do you mean infering from a Daily news writeup? I'm not at the tournament, if i was I OBVIOUSLY would have said I was at the tournament. I predicted THE DAY BEFORE THE DAILY NEWS WRITE UP that Scotia would lose because Alberta has a stronger mens ciruit, and typically is the favorite at the senior mens level. I even gave an example of a player on the Callies who outclassed several Scotia players while they played for SMU and showed he was a CIS tournament MVP, providing a reason while they would lose. Calgary has former pro players, Scotia doesn't, easy to predict the outcome.

I never said this experience won't make Scotia stronger in the future, I said K.O.D were on a different level than the current Scotia team, ask anyone who has watched the NSSL in the last 10 years, they'll tell you the same thing.

Using every single player on the roster and being a true team is great if this was a thread predicting the outcome of the special olympics. This thread was a prediction thread for Scotia at nationals, My Prediciton that Scotia would lose to Calgary was correct.

Please read my post before you respond next time.

How did Scotia win if Dunbrack is on a "different level" ?

Are you a Halifax City fan ?

Hehe, well said fella, what a clown.

As for your comments on playing the entire team and something about the special Olympics, whatever. I'd say classy, but we know who you are and it pretty much fits the profile so, again, whatever...

Scotia lost their semi final 2-nil to Ontario. An excellent game, Scotia dominated physically against the more technical Ontario team. Goals in the 4th and 85th minutes bookend what was close game throughout. Chances were few and far between for both teams, Ryan Devereaux missed a free header while Mike Marsh was stoned on a hard shot in close highliting Scotias two main opportunities.

Nova Scotia will now play Quebec in Monday's Bronze Medal game. Quebec played Alberta hard in the other semi-final but were outplayed and beaten 2-1 in the end by the class of the tournament.

Predictions for Monday:

Alberta 3-2 over Ontario for Gold

Scotia 2-1 over Quebec for Bronze

Go Scotia Go!!

quote:Originally posted by Golden Goal

Hehe, well said fella, what a clown.

As for your comments on playing the entire team and something about the special Olympics, whatever. I'd say classy, but we know who you are and it pretty much fits the profile so, again, whatever...

Scotia lost their semi final 2-nil to Ontario. An excellent game, Scotia dominated physically against the more technical Ontario team. Goals in the 4th and 85th minutes bookend what was close game throughout. Chances were few and far between for both teams, Ryan Devereaux missed a free header while Mike Marsh was stoned on a hard shot in close highliting Scotias two main opportunities.

Nova Scotia will now play Quebec in Monday's Bronze Medal game. Quebec played Alberta hard in the other semi-final but were outplayed and beaten 2-1 in the end by the class of the tournament.

Predictions for Monday:

Alberta 3-2 over Ontario for Gold

Scotia 2-1 over Quebec for Bronze

Go Scotia Go!!

I played for one of Scotia's U16 teams this summer.

Archived