Should CSL be sanctioned by CSA for fans violence?

Grizzly

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

The indignation!!!

This thread makes me laugh.

I wonder if you would find it so funny if you were the one being accused of condoning neo-Nazis and racist chanting. This is about being able to debate something contentious in a civilized manner without people launching into boorish personal attacks. Shouldn't be too much to ask on a properly moderated message board.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is a long way from being funny, it is sad.

Sad that the CSL persists with the 'international division' instead of simply integrating the ethno-culturally sponsored teams into the mainstream CSL, sad that there are people here who are completely unable to see the glaring problems with the whole premise of the 'international division' and sad that there are people here who see no problem with the added violence and ill-feeling the 'international division' inevitably brings about, both on and off the field.

It is not just sad, it is offensive to every fan of the game and every decent Canadian.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

...and every decent Canadian.

I find it sad that people like you think you have a right to wrap yourself in the flag like this given that the stuff you have posted on here about hyphenated-Canadians failing to assimilate is not in tune with the principles on which Canada's immigration policy and citizenship are currently based. Not sure what your problem is exactly with the "International Division" not being integrated with the rest given that there are regular season and playoff games with the "National Division" teams as has been explained to you previously. Only one fixture has caused a significant problem but there are common sense solutions to that readily available.

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

I wonder if you would find it so funny if you were the one being accused of condoning neo-Nazis and racist chanting. This is about being able to debate something contentious in a civilized manner without people launching into boorish personal attacks. Shouldn't be too much to ask on a properly moderated message board.

Considering the numerous personal attacks launched my way during our online "debates" at U-Sector, I find it incredibly hard to conjure up any sympathy for you in this regard.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Considering the numerous personal attacks launched my way during our online "debates" at U-Sector, I find it incredibly hard to conjure up any sympathy for you in this regard.

You have used personal attacks as a way to attempt to silence a lot of people Rudi. Quite ironic how things appear to be turning out now in one regard given one of our "debates".

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

You have used personal attacks as a way to attempt to silence a lot of people Rudi. Quite ironic how things appear to be turning out now in one regard given one of our "debates".

You need to look up the definition of 'irony', because it doesn't apply here. Your thinly-veiled attempt to gloat over U-Sector's decision to switch to section 113 (of which I completely agree with) holds no water, as the reasons for the switch had nothing to do with any possible scenarios you 'suggested' in your oh-so-unique way.

As for me 'attempting to silence a lot of people', that is laughable at best, and can be considered a personal attack (on my character) at worst. Perhaps I should demand an apology. That seems to work so well for you, considering the number of times you've done so on this board and others.

But whatever, none of this has to do with the tpoic at hand, so I'll step aside while you wait for Grizzly's apology for calling a spade a spade. I suspect you'll be waiting a long time.

I'm neither right nor wrong.

Section 113 was chosen (although even now, it is not written in stone) when the true impact of the handicapped seating on 115 was seen through Parkdale's fine photographic endeavours, in addition to discussions some of the U-Sector members had with Paul Beirne at the last U-Sector meeting.

But anyways, enough about that.

Archived