Great New Soccer Film

terpfan68

I would like to let members know of a new soccer film now available on DVD. It is called "Goal -- The Dream Begins". My daughters' soccer coach recommended it to her and she rented it from Rogers the other night.

Great Film, Great Message, and Great Soccer Footage.

I understand that two sequels have also been filmed and they will be coming out the the year ahead.

I don't want to "spoil" the film for anyone, but reviews are available on the internet.

If you see this movie, let other member know what you think.

ok ok I get it. The only good sports movie is a gritty representation of REAL life, not a movies to inspire young players to work for a dream.

In that case I recommend "This Sporting Life" with Richard Harris.

Plot Summary for

This Sporting Life (1963)

In Northern England in the early 1960s, Frank Machin is mean, tough and ambitious enough to become an immediate star in the rugby league team run by local employer Weaver. Machin lodges with Mrs Hammond, whose husband was killed in an accident at Weaver's, but his impulsive and angry nature stop him from being able to reach her as he would like. He becomes increasingly frustrated with his situation, and this is not helped by the more straightforward enticements of Mrs Weaver.

Just don't let your 9 - 14 year olds see it.

"She's the Man" a cheesy teen comedy for girls also had some decent footie sequences in it. I'm glad that people who know the game are having at least some input as to how soccer gets shot in movies now (especially compared to eighties efforts like ladybugs...or that episode of wonder years when Kevin makes the soccer team because he "kicks hard!")

Archived