DDR Scores!

Schoolboy

DDR scored the only goal of the game ... straight from the press release

---

De Rosario is from Canada, which didn't qualify for the World Cup in Germany, and the midfielder had said he would treat this game as his tournament. It showed in the 70th minute, when he took a pass from Ronnie O'Brien, balanced it on his foot and then took a blistering shot that Hilario, Chelsea's backup goalie, had no chance at.

----

This boy is class ... I am just glad I had the honor to play with and watch him ... I wonder if it will be Houston ... Toronto ... or the Premiership ... now only if he was a starter for the MNT ... what a joke! ... It wasn't ADU, Donavan, Ching, McBride but it was DDR!

DDR is class. Canada's best player in a dog's age. I honestly thought that Chelsea was going to mop the floor with the MLS All Stars. I was dead, dead wrong. Congrats to DDR and the MLS all stars in winning the game. Brings back some fond memories of DDR when he played for Canada at the 1999 Pan American Games in Winnipeg.

you are right DDR has started the past games under Yallop...but he neer seems to get the respect he deserves...always playing out of position or getting substituted etc...he should be made our focal point...and to be honest I wish I missed the Yallop era of the MNT

quote:Originally posted by Schoolboy

..he should be made our focal point...and to be honest I wish I missed the Yallop era of the MNT

Man you REALLY MISSED the Yallop era. Dwayne was always one of

Yallop's faves and has played a prominent role, as striker in many

cases. The problem is that he had some finishing challenges and

tried to do too much in many cases. He played behind the strikers

only when San Jose had some success in having him in the middle.

He's a very good player (and gets respect on this board).

I guess you are right...DDR has played a very important role in the past few years...I guess I just want him to play how he play in the MLS...countless great goals, MVP accolades etc...but it sometimes doesn't translate to the MNT...and yes he does miss some chances in front of the net...I guess his free flowing style doesn't mix with the MNT

Archived