Radzinski shines for Fulham (R)

Soju

In Fulham's 6-1 routing of West Brom it looks like Radz is finally finding his form, or is this temporary?

From fulhamfc.com:...what a moment it was for Tomasz Radzinski. The striker ended his long spell without a goal with a cool and calm finish on 47 minutes after Steed Malbranque found him in acres of space with a chip over the West Brom back line.

Radzinski brought the ball down and flicked it over the advancing keeper. The Canadian international was subsequently booked for taking his shirt off in celebration, but he took the caution with good humour, saluting the fans in the Stevenage Road Stand.

Helguson wrapped up his hat-trick just before the hour mark. Steed Malbranque brought the ball clear from an uncomfortable defensive situation and fed Radzinski on the right wing. He made good progress down the pitch before squaring the ball to Helguson on the edge of the box. His shot took a wicked deflection off Curtis Davies before rolling past the stranded Kuszczak.

Collins John made it five for Fulham on 82 minutes after more good work from Radzinski. The Candian striker cut inside before playing the ball into the danger area, John was on hand to divert it past substitute keeper Russell Hoult.

Kevin Campbell netted a consolation for the visitors on 85 minutes. But the scoring wasn’t over there. Fulham struck back with a lightning counter attack. Once more Radzinski was the man to break clear, this time he squared the ball to the rapidly advancing John who made no mistake with a firm, side footed finish.

The Fulham messageboards are saying this is the best match he's played in a Whites kit. He may be finally endearing himself at Craven cottage to someone other than Chris Coleman the manager, who's stood by him throughout his apparent lack of confidence in front of the net. So is this a new beginning for Radz or is his good showing against West Brom just a flash in the pan?

He's always been streaky and knock on wood, here's hoping this is the beggining of one of those streaks. Too overdue.

Last season and especially this year Coleman seems to be using him as that high midfield threat (withdrawn striker role perhaps). More of a playmaker than a finisher but also a secondary threat. Least that's my read of what I've seen.

If it works then great. People just have to get used to seeing Radz in a different light.

By the by, after grossly underachieving last year Fulham are starting to come to life this campain and looking stylish doing it. Defense is still troubling but they can move the ball around pretty damned good and change gears in a flash. May just climb the table further yet before seasons end.

Fulham vs. Chelsea around the corner. I thought Fulham looked decent against Man U, but that was a somewhat skeleton crew Man U team from the looks of it. Should be interesting to see what McBride can do in the air against the Chelsea backline and whether Radz will secure his starting spot with another good performance. Funny to see after just one game the Fulham fans all have him back in their starting elevens, so a lot of people are optimistic.

Well I was talking about his chances with Fulham but if by Radz not being effective for the nats you're saying he's not a good player, I'd argue it's hard to be a good striker when your team itself (read midfield service) is not effective. I think he looked good against Spain and Portugal, anyone disagree?

With T&T in the World Cup with the aging Dwight Yorke & Russell Latapy helping to get them there, I think we would be foolish to just dismiss Radzinski because of his age. Let him prove he's no longer good enough to play for us rather than just assume that he is. As long has he shows he as the goods at the club level & plays well nationally (like he did in his last couple of matches) I am fine with Radz being called.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

With T&T in the World Cup with the aging Dwight Yorke & Russell Latapy helping to get them there, I think we would be foolish to just dismiss Radzinski because of his age. Let him prove he's no longer good enough to play for us rather than just assume that he is. As long has he shows he as the goods at the club level & plays well nationally (like he did in his last couple of matches) I am fine with Radz being called.

Agreed but I think Yorke was at a different level then Radzinski. In Yorke's prime, he was one of the most effective finishers in the world. Also Yorke has been dominating for his country for years. But I agreed, just because of his age, he should never be written off.

Archived