Q and A with Braz and Gervais

BrennanFan

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=2389

A good sign from the CSA website. Not much info but an interesting read.

The BootRoom recently sat down with two of Canada’s ‘Impact’ players to see if we could get a better understanding about what these two guys are all about…well, we really didn’t find out that much more but you may be surprised by some of the answers. (And sorry about the title Adam…I just couldn’t resist).

Gabriel Gervais

Born – September 18, 1976

Hometown – Brossard, QC

Club – Montreal Impact (USL)

Nickname? Gabe

Who did you support as a boy? AC Milan

What would you consider your strengths? Perseverance, hard-work…

Weaknesses? Very competitive in everything I do…to a fault perhaps…

Who were your heroes growing up? That’s easy…my Dad!

Career Highlights? Representing Canada in World Cup Qualifying and in the Gold Cup in 2004 and 2005…Winning the A-League title with Montreal, and winning the league’s best defender and team MVP in 2004.

Lowlights? Getting red carded in the friendly game against Northern Ireland in 2005 (Canada did manage to win that game despite playing a man down for much of the game)

Who are the ‘Craziest Fans’? Hondurans!!

Most impressive city/country you have played in? Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Best player you have ever played with? Eduardo Sebrango

Against? Careca (Brazil)

Most embarrassing moment? Scoring in my own goal in a game in College while playing for Syracuse University

Biggest joker you have ever played with? Will Giummarra

If I wasn’t a soccer player, I’d be... An engineer (Ummm…by the way, Gabriel is indeed an engineer!!)

In five years I will be... Hopefully, still playing professional soccer.

Adam Braz

Born – June 7, 1981

Hometown – St-Laurent, QC

Club – Montreal Impact (USL)

Nickname? Braz, Brazzy, Brazzy Dazzler

Who did you support as a boy? Manchester United

What would you consider your strengths? I am way too modest to discuss all my strengths...

Weaknesses? Umm … who likes to talk about their weaknesses?

Who were your heroes growing up? Earl Cochrane! (Stop it Adam, I am going to blush…)

Career Highlights? Representing Canada, winning a championship with the Montreal Impact, and playing against Spain last year…

Lowlights? Being injured and missing out on the U-20 World cup in Argentina in 2001…

Who are the ‘Craziest Fans’? Italian fans. My guess is that they eat too much pasta so they have to burn it off by having a go at everyone…haha…I am kidding of course…sort of!

Most impressive city/country you have played in? Spain.

Best player you have ever played with? Tomasz Radzinski

Against? Easy answer - the Spain team! It actually felt like the entire Spanish team had a go at the left wing position when we played them…haha…They don’t have any weak players!

Most embarrassing moment? When I trained with the Impact when I was a teenager, there was one training session where I fell face first into the mud while doing sprints and there was some media at that practice and I felt pretty bad. The guys still talk about it today! These things only make you stronger......ya right!

Biggest joker you have ever played with? Jim Brennan.

If I wasn’t a soccer player, I’d be... That is a really dangerous question... I’d probably still be in school or doing something in the business world…

In five years I will be... Hopefully I will be playing soccer at a very high level and hopefully I will represent Canada at the 2010 World Cup.

Archived