Toronto MLS & Toronto Lynx

PSG

Just out of interest, what does the future hold for the Lynx in view of a franchise hitting TO for the MLS? It's pretty obvious the Lynx wouldn't survive in the face of such competition. Will they relocate or just fold?

quote:Originally posted by Leafs

I personaly dont care. These people have been a total and complete joke. Every time they get a good player they sell him to the Crybaby Saputo. What a joke.

Lets hope these nimrods go away.

If Paris (8 million) can support Paris St Germain and a single lower division team, I'm sure Toronto can pull it off with the MLS Black Squirrels and the Lunxettes.

And I'm betting that the W-league Lynxettes still outdraw the both mens teams...

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

If Paris (8 million) can support Paris St Germain and a single lower division team, I'm sure Toronto can pull it off with the MLS Black Squirrels and the Lunxettes.

And I'm betting that the W-league Lynxettes still outdraw the both mens teams...

G-man, a brain would go along way in your case.

The lynx are going to operate in 2007, in what way im not sure yet..... i have talked to nicole and they are going to be around. She just isnt sure whats going on just yet, shes gotta wait until everything is painted on the wall.

But im sure ill still make the odd lynx game if there playing in toronto....

The Lynx market mainly to youth soccer groups & elementary school students. I don't know how much the MLSE is going to go for the latter (I'm sure they will market to them, but I hardly expect they will do a "School Day" game) but I suspect the former will be one of many (all) groups the MLSE target.

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

Acctually if you do your research, you'll see that Paris can't quite support two teams. PSG is fine but if you look down the lines Red Star, Racing and Paris FC are all in financial trouble and are struggling to get fans to their games. Maybe you should have used a better example [}:)]

quote:Originally posted by Richard

I see no reason why first and second division teams can't operate successfully in the same city. It happens in hundreds of cities around the world already.

That would be great... but unfortunatly N.American sports don't work like other sports accross the world. Here, it's all about givaways and mascots. Owners wouldent want to compete with other owners offering the "same" product within the same city, IMO. I would love there to be a clear cut "Div 2" but it prolly wont happen.

I would still want to attend the acasional Lynx game! [:P]

You know, if any USL club has a chance to stick around post-MLS, it's the Lynx. To maintain their meagre existence they don't need that many fans. Most owners have simply not bothered to try but the Hartells seem motivated if nothing else. If they actually get dates at the new stadium (which still seems unlikely to me), they can probably eke out an existance. Then again, didn't they predict they would get 6000 per game and the MLS side would get 6000-8000 in 2007? Comments like that are unrealistic and probably not likely to make them buddies with MLSE.

Jason

Archived