Andrea Lombardo plays in serie B...

Giancarlo

Yesterday Andrea Lombardo made his first ever appearance with Atalanta's first team in an official Serie B league match against Bari at the San Nicola. Lombardo came on for Igor Budan at the 32' minute of the second half and played 16 minutes. Here is the link to confirm from the official website of Atalanta shwoing the final scoreboard. Looks like the kid is doing pretty good. I beleive he is the first canadian to make an appearence if Serie A or B...correct me if im wrong, i'm not 100% positive.

http://www.atalanta.it/news/main.php?page=news&op=id&idnews=1725

quote:Originally posted by Giancarlo

Yesterday Andrea Lombardo made his first ever appearance with Atalanta's first team... I beleive he is the first canadian to make an appearence if Serie A or B...correct me if im wrong, i'm not 100% positive.

Rocco Placentino, now with Gualdo in C2C, made 2 appearances for Avellino in Serie B in the 2003/04 season.

http://www.gualdocalcio.it/squadra0506/placentino.html

This may help records show that Rocco Placentino played 2 games in seria B leagues matches in the year 2003/2004 Avellino. Now Lombardo with 1 game in serie B with Atalanta against Bari on saturday makes him the youngest player to play in Serie B at the age of 18.

Yes Sandro Grande did make an appearence in Inter-toto Cup but he was on trial from Frosinone to Brescia, but has not participated in a serie B league game with Brescia.

There has not been a Canadian born player to play in a league game in Serie A during a season with any teams that I know of, however Lombardo may have that opporuntity next year or the end of this year when the transfer rumors open up in January.

Originally posted by Paul - 10/21/2005 : 00:21:24</u>

If I am not mistaken, Gianluca Saggese played a few games in serie B with Salernitana. During the 2003/2004 season he came on late in the second half against Messina for the under 20 Brazilian national team player Alex Aragao. He also played 2 matches in the Coppa Italia first leg with the first team along with several other second team or primavera players.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Originally posted by Paul - 10/21/2005 : 00:21:24</u>

If I am not mistaken, Gianluca Saggese played a few games in serie B with Salernitana. During the 2003/2004 season he came on late in the second half against Messina for the under 20 Brazilian national team player Alex Aragao. He also played 2 matches in the Coppa Italia first leg with the first team along with several other second team or primavera players.

I believe he did play with Salernitana but not a game in Seria B. The games he shows as played in the Primavera game Coppa Italia not the professional Coppa Italia c b or a. He was called up from the Berretti for this match in 2003 from what I can see and registered in the Berretti.

I believe Enzo Concina of Mississauga was the first to play in Serie B. It was in the 80's with a team called Piacenza I believe.I am noyt sure but I believe he played a few season's in Serie B. When he came back to visit his folks and friends he brought a video of his goals that my good friend had the pleasure of viewing. He went there after having a falling out with the National Training Centre. If my memory serves me correctly he did play for Canada in some exhibition game in the late stages of his career!

quote:Originally posted by jstevington

I believe Enzo Concina of Mississauga was the first to play in Serie B. It was in the 80's with a team called Piacenza I believe.I am noyt sure but I believe he played a few season's in Serie B. When he came back to visit his folks and friends he brought a video of his goals that my good friend had the pleasure of viewing. He went there after having a falling out with the National Training Centre. If my memory serves me correctly he did play for Canada in some exhibition game in the late stages of his career!

Did a quick google search using the name and I found links ( among others) to a Piacenza discussion forum and a Montreal Impact web site page for the 94 season when they won the APSL. Interesting, the name doesn't ring a bell for me.

quote:Originally posted by jstevington

Wow, nice find. Enzo Concina actually played 3 seasons in Serie B. His first two with Piacenza, and his last with Monza. These are his stats from those seasons:

http://www.calciatori.com/calciatori/db.nsf/calciatore?openform&id=17813

(This is a site that requires signing up, sorry)

Team - Year - Games/Goals

Monza - 89/90 - 26/1

Piacenza - 88/89 - 21/0

Piacenza - 87/88 - 15/0

Enzo played professionally in Italy from 1982 to 1994 for Ravenna, Pavia, Piacenza, Monza, Nola and Forli. Some of his teammates have included Giuseppe Signori and Luigi DiBiagio.

Archived