Canada Vs Italy and Syria Vs Colombia predictions

Bubbachuck89

How do you think the final games of the first round would go? What place do you see Canada in? and do you think we(Syrians) can hold out against Colombia which is VERY VERY VERY difficult i admit..but i thought we played well against Italy and now we got more confidence..Best of luck you guys against Italy! Take care

And who would've though before the 1st ball was kicked in this tourny that Canada and Syria would be slugging it out for 2nd place in the group? Way weird.

No predictions. Italy and Colombia both have nothing to play for. Think it more likely Italy will come out Saturday with a mind to win but they've got to be gutted. Think it may get nasty out there. Should be a good watch anyway.

Of course Colombia seems light years ahead of the Italians, and cruising or not, all their lads that matter well get some time on the pitch. Got to stay sharp.

Would like to wish you good luck, really I would, but alas, nope. Not going to happen.

I kid, I kid. Good luck. Be physical!!

Yeh its weird that Syria and Canada are fighting for the 2nd spot while Italy lays at the bottom of the group with no points...both Syria and Canada will get through i think, well i hope so at least.. you guys can beat Italy but you gotta becareful cuz i think they will come out strong, i mean they would want to get a win and be 3rd in the group or else they will probably get killed wen they go back to Italy.Yeh i guess its really hard for Syria to get a good result against Colombia especially that Colombia will play all their starters in my opinion because they cant afford to lose this game(i hope they do) then we will be 1st...i know i might sound nuts but im optimistic...hopefully we will play well and im sure both matches would be interesting to watch. Enjoy ur Day

Canada needs to win this one so id like to see Mitchell go all out for the win. We also need goals for goal differential. If Italy plays as were accustomed to seeing were gonna need a lot of speed on the flanks and upfront to beat there D, we are also gonna have to control the middle of the pitch. So my lineup is about pure Offense I'lbiet a little risky defensivly, but hey it's a must win.

Wagenaar

Legerwood Hainault Ramalho

Edgar

Peters Rosenlund DeJong

Gyaki

Johnson Lombardo

Edgar plays the sweeper role can jump up in the offensive zone and take over as center back when were pressured in our end. I beleive we can win 2 nil or 3-1 if we play positve posesson soccer. Italy is very beatable!

Columbia will rest most of the key players their aces for sure and most likely not use some of their midfielders as well. A total 5 players resting in this game as it means nothing to them other then positioning for either 1st or 2nd place to advance.

The good thing is that Brazil plays after the Columbia, Syria game which could be in Canada Favour. However the question remains how bad is Italy comparing to Canada poor showings in both games.

But from the Italians prospective they as usual save everything to the last game and considering that they still have that chance they will succeed to some how qualify to the next round but unless they score more then 3 goals which I doubt they will, they will be out.

As I said before the Canada team will never ever succeed with one goal pro formances in these types of match games, to ask Canada to get three on Italy, is really dreaming and I doubt it very much. The Italians are defensively strong more so then in attacking position and only good goals and quality goals by both the Columbia's and Syria teams in fact probably the best goals in the WYC>.

Setting this aside and their poor showing up front and Canada very poor showings in both of their games other then the keeper , the best that Canada can do is one goal and if they are lucky two, the question is how many will Italy score on Canada and I predict no more then 2.

SO in conclusion a favourable result for Italy is 2 - 0

and a favourable result for Canada would be 1 to 1 a draw and both are elimated.

On the other game you can bet your bottom euros that this game will end up in a tie or a Syria win depending where and whom they will want to meet in the next round. But both teams in this group will finish at this point of the schedule 1st and 2nd place lock up.

Thanks Alberto for ur analysis...and hopefully syria comes out with a tie or a win that will boost their confidence...we will have to wait and see what happens..honestly i really want canada to qualify but i have a feeling italy will show up big time in this game and win in order not to get embarassed with no points...or a tie but that would still eliminate canada..well anyways take care

2-1 syria? Wow beaver are you a moron what would bring you to that prediction, Colombia could win that game playing a player down the whole match, Canada faced a great team in Colombia which will probably go on to win the whole tourny

Well its amusing how that you guys can think that Canada is going to get 3 goals against a team that first of all has a chance to qualify for third place, secondly that Canada has to get a mimium of 3 goals to even consider a possiblity, and finally not to have any scored against them it outrageuos.

Beaver is right the probablitiy of his score is more relastic then yours I admire one that talks with sense and facts and not air.

But it tell you this I will eat my Cuban cigar if Canada even scores 2 goals in this match they way they are playing Italy will be a chanellge for them but the end result is what it is a close game. I predict that they will both be elimated in their games so who cares, Syria will tie or win against Columbia and that is a fact...they will rest all or most of their best players in this game it makes total sense. Why would Columbia risk injury, or carded players to be excused form the round of 16 which is where they want to be.... Bravo Beaver.

The Colombian mister might just have a gander at the standings and realize that a loss to Syria puts them in 2nd place in group E, putting them squarely in the path of first place Group F finisher Brazil in his round of 16 game.

He might not want to rest "all or most of his best players" after all.

I imagine you'll be working your cigar rather vigorously tomorrow and I would thoroughly enjoy hearing that you had to swallow your Cubana sandwich. May the best TEAM win.

Yeh Colombia would definately not play easy against Syria especially cuz Syria would be first if they beat colombia...I am Syrian and i admit beating Colombia is nearly impossible but i got faith in my guys and im quite sure they will play their hardest and put u pa good show...i have a feeling we would be the first to score a goal against the colombians tho..i hope im right. And Syria can cause some upsets, in 1991 they tied england and spain in their group and beat Uruguay..hopefully our goalie would continue his terrific performance as well as Majed Al Haj and the other guys :) May the best team win in both games and i hope there wont be any injuries for any of the 4 teams. Take care and enjoy ur day

quote:Originally posted by Alberto

Well its amusing how that you guys can think that Canada is going to get 3 goals against a team that first of all has a chance to qualify for third place, secondly that Canada has to get a mimium of 3 goals to even consider a possiblity, and finally not to have any scored against them it outrageuos.

Beaver is right the probablitiy of his score is more relastic then yours I admire one that talks with sense and facts and not air.

But it tell you this I will eat my Cuban cigar if Canada even scores 2 goals in this match they way they are playing Italy will be a chanellge for them but the end result is what it is a close game. I predict that they will both be elimated in their games so who cares, Syria will tie or win against Columbia and that is a fact...they will rest all or most of their best players in this game it makes total sense. Why would Columbia risk injury, or carded players to be excused form the round of 16 which is where they want to be.... Bravo Beaver.

Alberto.. your post barely makes any sense... who's predicting we'll win by 3-0? The simple fact is that if we beat Italy 1-0 chances are very very good we'll go through (especially since Holland will beat Benin.. but there's other options as well). If we beat Italy and Colombia beat Syria by more than 2-0... we're through no matter what. Besides Syria hasn't lost yet... a loss to Syria would see Colombia in 2nd place playing probably Brazil I think. I'm not so sure they'll rest too many players just yet...

Archived