WYC Television Viewing Guide

DJT

Canada vs. Syria

SUNDAY, JUNE 12

11:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM MDT / 1:30 PM CDT / 2:30 PM EDT / 3:30 PM ADT / 4:00 PM NDT

Live on Sportsnet West Digital feed and Sportsnet Pacific Digital feed (you need a digital feed even in the West and Pacific regions)

Tape-delayed and repeat broadcasts (local and digital feeds):

June 12 - 9:00 PM PDT

June 12 - 10:00 PM MDT

June 12 - 11:00 PM CDT

June 13 - 12:00 AM EDT

June 13 - 1:00 AM ADT

June 13 - 1:30 AM NDT

Sportsnet East and Sportsnet Ontario

June 12 - 10:00 PM PDT

June 12 - 11:00 PM MDT

June 13 - 12:00 AM CDT

June 13 - 1:00 AM EDT

June 13 - 2:00 AM ADT

June 13 - 2:30 AM NDT

Sportsnet West

June 13 - 12:00 AM PDT

June 13 - 1:00 AM MDT

June 13 - 2:00 AM CDT

June 13 - 3:00 AM EDT

June 13 - 4:00 AM ADT

June 13 - 4:30 AM NDT

Sportsnet Pacific

Canada vs. Colombia

Wednesday, June 15

8:30 AM PDT / 9:30 AM MDT / 10:30 AM CDT / 11:30 AM EDT / 12:30 PM ADT / 1:00 PM NDT

Live on Sportsnet in all regions and on all feeds

Repeat broadcasts (local and digital feeds):

June 15 - 4:30 PM PDT

June 15 - 5:30 PM MDT

June 15 - 6:30 PM CDT

June 15 - 7:30 PM EDT

June 15 - 8:30 PM ADT

June 15 - 9:00 PM NDT

Sportsnet Pacific

June 15 - 5:00 PM PDT

June 15 - 6:00 PM MDT

June 15 - 7:00 PM CDT

June 15 - 8:00 PM EDT

June 15 - 9:00 PM ADT

June 15 - 9:30 PM NDT

Sportsnet East and Sportsnet Ontario

June 15 - 11:00 PM PDT

June 16 - 12:00 AM MDT

June 16 - 1:00 AM CDT

June 16 - 2:00 AM EDT

June 16 - 3:00 AM ADT

June 16 - 3:30 AM NDT

Sportsnet West

Canada vs. Italy

Saturday, June 18

4:30 AM PDT / 5:30 AM MDT / 6:30 AM CDT / 7:30 AM EDT / 8:30 AM ADT / 9:00 AM NDT

Live on Sportsnet in all regions and on all feeds

Repeat broadcast (local and digital feeds):

June 18 - 7:00 AM PDT

June 18 - 8:00 AM MDT

June 18 - 9:00 AM CDT

June 18 - 10:00 AM EDT

June 18 - 11:00 AM ADT

June 18 - 11:30 AM NDT

Sportsnet East, Sportsnet Ontario, Sportsnet West and Sportsnet Pacific

quote:Originally posted by jeffymac1971

Too bad we can't watch the game live, I guess watching bunch of rednecks racing in a oval in front of bunch of inbreds and rednecks is more appealing to sportsnet! :(

edit: just to take out lengthy quoted schedule above, mod

It's more important to the redneck toothless losers that watch people turning left. Sadly, there are more of them than redneck toothless loser soccer fans in Canada.

Alex

I gotta say i like midnight matches best, I mean, I like a good beer buzz early in the morning as much as the next guy, but you can't help feeling like a bit of a degenerate when you stumble out of the pub into the middle of a sunny day and parents start pulling their kids closer and muttering "Just don't look at him sweetie." No need to compete with the womanly urge to go shopping, and I'm sure I don't have to tell you guys that soccer goes smoother when your'e stoked, so at least you don't have to try and sneak a puff on the balcony and tell the kids it's just the bacon grease that they're smelling. 'Cause then you gotta go and fry some bacon and now you're zoning and it stings even more when you get splattered and then the missus is raggin on ya and...

Anyways, I gotta thank Sportsnet for the tape delay. Enjoyed myself immensely! Craig Forrest has learned to restrain himself but his attempts at diplomacy had me giggling. "Well, I'd be awfully surprised if the Syrian player had such a severe case of cramp this early in the second half." And his shout out to the firemen in Vancouver was very moving.

And was anyone else playing spot the overage Arabs when the action got a little dull? "Hey that guys got a bald spot!" or "That's a middle age paunch if I've ever seen one!"

Good times.

Just FYI, in Vancouver, Abruzzo Cappuccino Bar on the Drive showed the Syria game live, for free. I watched four games there on Sunday morning; Italy vs. Colombia, Nigeria vs. Brasil, Canada vs Syria and the Italian Cup final. I assumed it was possible everywhere.

Ah, yes. The allways present and sometimes entertaining "tape delay".

True, true. It dose have it's uses. Returning to work reeking of alcohol and tic-tacs dosen't exactly put you into the fast lane to senior management dose it? Even in the auto industry.

And there is a certain amount of guilt people attach to drinking a case of beer before it gets dark. At least in that strange and fancyfull world outside of the trailor park.

So on that note long live the tape delay and long live The SportsNet Time Zone! Save us from the shame.

Save us from the shame.

Yes indeed, save us from the shame.

Keep these matches as far out of the public awareness as possible. No one should have to endure the humiliating ritual of discussing soccer results around the water cooler. No one should be tempted to gather their friends together and indulge in drinking and camraderie, wasting hard earned money on bright eyed and buxom beer wenches. Keep this tragic secret hidden in the wee hours of the morning, so these potentially dangerous sociopaths stay hidden in the darkness, afraid to cheer and without an opportunity to share their potentially riotous joy!

You are doing the public a service Sportsnet.

Great Sportsnet! Great Ted Rogers!

Archived