Canadians abroad: May 20-26, 2005

DJT

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Speaking of our Norwegian Canucks, Rob Friend is now the 20th rated player in the Norwegian top flight. Occean and Bernier have slipped down to the 80s. Interesting since Occean and Bernier are automatic choices (mine included) on most of our speculative national team posts.

Friend could be our new John Catliff. It's high time he was called up for a meaningfull match.

Guest Jeffery S.

Dani Fernandes' Paok played their season ender behind closed doors, same day as the Champion's Final, and lost 2-4 to Egaleo in a poor match. Fernandes played 90. On the same day Daniel signed a contract renewal and upgrade with the Salonika team.

They end 5th in Greece, not sure if that gives them a UEFA spot or not.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by George

Good news for Dani (re: the new contract)!!

PAOK had already qualified for Europe and apparently the team played quite poorly.

I heard from Daniel after the game, he says he "blew" two of the goals, but that basically the team was already on holiday. So not a game to worry about. The key is that they will have a UEFA run and if they get lucky may do better next year in the league. Paok is a perennial top 4 club, but a rare winner from what I see.

Archived