Serioux: Weakest link at Millwall?

Timotas

Over on the Millwall Board, a lot of fans were saying Serioux was the worst player at Millwall. Comments such as...

EASTENDDAVE Posted on 12/5 14:37 Email this Message | Reply

re: Worst player of the season!!!

Seriousxxxxxxx

Lets get serious serious...

IP: Logged

obeney Posted on 12/5 14:41 Email this Message | Reply

Serioux by country mile.

bexleyheath_lion Posted on 16/5 13:05 Email this Message

Serioux, Morris and Dichio, not a lot to choose between any of them.

Cant name Branflake, did'nt play enough games to affect our season.

Hump_Wall Posted on 16/5 13:34 Email this Message | Reply

Kevin Braniff, probably the worst ever player I have seen in a Millwall shirt. Utter dreadful. What was Wise doing offering him a three year deal.

My good god.

As for Serioux, probably the best debut I have ever seen a Wall player have......look at him now. Cack!

Reckon he would struggle passing wind, let alone a football.

=======================================

A bunch of other players were also being named worst player of the year... but a little dissapointed that some supporters were naming Serioux as the weakest link. I think they had such great expectations for the guy because he had such an unbelievable debut.

Edit is here: http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=937&p=16&style=2&forumId=6297&action=1&replytoid=2127096842

quote:Originally posted by MikeD

Hmm, a defensive-oriented midfielder who tackles well & works his arse off but makes the odd bad pass gets singled out by fans as the worst player? Where have I seen this movie before?

In the games I listened to he didn't seem to be much worse than anyone else out there. Of course, from what I understand, he was rushed back from injury pretty quickly and he was fairly jetlagged for most of the first half of the season.

I think a lot of the stick he got started when he got red-carded against QPR and Millwall went on to lose that game.

Give the guy some time, the guy has been flying back and fourth from canada becuase of family problems, playing for canada and he has been playing for a full year, when he is used to a 4 month season.

Sure i never thought he was good enough for millwall, but after seeing him play for canada and have a good start. I think he has it in him, he just needs to take a break. And a fair chance next year to make the squad.

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Give the guy some time, the guy has been flying back and fourth from canada becuase of family problems, playing for canada and he has been playing for a full year, when he is used to a 4 month season.

Yeah, that's what I've been trying to tell some millwall fans. With all the stuff that he's had to deal with, I think he's done alright.

Hopefully he'll get a good preseason and that'll help him.

Archived