My fellow Canadians.

Robert

My fellow Canadians.

At 08:25 this morning, I was informed of the tragic news concerning the definite end of any prospective stadium being built at the York University site, which was to have hosted matches at the upcoming World Youth Championships in 2007. The soccer world has awarded Canada this honour and we now find ourselves at the brink of losing the international community's respect as the result of a few buffoons bamboozling what we all hold dear to our hearts, Canadian soccer. The incompetent Regime of Kevan Pipe has to be toppled immediately. I am willing to assume the responsibility of guaranteeing the construction of a 30,000 seat soccer stadium east of Winnipeg, that will be ready in time to host matches during the WYC in 2007. In order to be able to accomplish this, the Canadian Soccer Association's directors must relieve Kevan Pipe from all his duties and involvements with the Association immediately, and contact me as soon as possible. I urge you all to act now. May God bless all the good and hardworking people that support the Canadian soccer community.

Skydome with an imported grass feild, full for an Italy/Canada final.

The end is far from near. AND It's totally laughable that people actually believe that SSS are so important to hosting it. When Argentina hosted it, I can remember empty stadiums everytime Canada played. I bet Holland won't see a full stadia once either.

This isn't the second or even 4th most important soccer tourny. It falls after the Olympics, European Cup, African Cup, etc etc. Hosting the Women's WC would be of greater importance.

Sad to say, but the only tourny that the U-20 WC ranks higher than is the U-16 World Cup and the Women's U-19.

G-Man your another canadian idiot! How can you say that the World under 20 tournament is of no importance? I think that it will help the image of Canadian football a great deal if we are able to organize a successful world cup. Maybe we might get some respect. Maybe people in Canada might get a chacne to see real football but canadians like yourself probably don't know if the ball is round or square.

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

The end is far from near. AND It's totally laughable that people actually believe that SSS are so important to hosting it. When Argentina hosted it, I can remember empty stadiums everytime Canada played. I bet Holland won't see a full stadia once either.

This isn't the second or even 4th most important soccer tourny. It falls after the Olympics, European Cup, African Cup, etc etc. Hosting the Women's WC would be of greater importance.

Sad to say, but the only tourny that the U-20 WC ranks higher than is the U-16 World Cup and the Women's U-19.

So true. And part of the truth is that, although the WYC (u20s)

is an important tournament, and a SSS at York would have been

great, the world doesn't follow Canadian soccer nor would it

care if a SSS is built at all.

Building a stadium is extremely difficult regarding North American

logistics and funding, especially for an admittedly low-profile

sport in this corner of the world.

Commonwealth stadium, just as it was with the Women's U19, is

a fitting venue for an event like this. (No disrespect for

the venues in Vancouver, Victoria, Ottawa, and Montreal.)

quote:Originally posted by Batigol

G-Man your another canadian idiot! How can you say that the World under 20 tournament is of no importance? I think that it will help the image of Canadian football a great deal if we are able to organize a successful world cup. Maybe we might get some respect. Maybe people in Canada might get a chacne to see real football but canadians like yourself probably don't know if the ball is round or square.

Batigol, I respect your passionate views. I just think you may

have misunderstood G-Man in his point. The WYC is certainly not viewed with more importance than, let's say, the Olympics. Believe

me, the people on this board are not idiots and have been following

the U20s for YEARS. Just ask Sportsnet, when they weren't sure about

showing the U20 quarterfinal against Spain.

But you are quite new on this board, so I'd suggest that you

treat each other with more respect. Real football? Don't be

too condescending eh?

quote:Originally posted by Batigol

Most Canadians see real football every saturday (EPL), champions league and everything else TV will broadcast. We know all about it.

Just how disapointed is Germany if they don't win the U-20? And It's very far from the WC in terms of TV audience. The only respect Canada will get is when it qualifies for the WC. Until then, we don't rate.

The Skydome with grass would do. So would Olympic Stadium in Montreal, which has hosted an Olympic Final with 72,000 in attendance. The whole sales job that SSS would somehow make us a better football national is so silly.

We have 3 pro teams. Lets get real.

quote:Originally posted by Robert

Top 5 reasons for the CSA's short comings during the past year.

1) Poor calls by referees.

2) Rogers.

3) University of Toronto.

4) Argonauts.

5) York University

Robert, you reasoning behind this list would really be quite enlightening not to say entertaining, especially how the CSA is responsible for poor referee calls?

Sorry G-Man I might of jumped the gun I had an argument with someone in another post. I shouldn't of taken my fustration out on you because at the end your right. I'm just so tired of seeing us fail in every attempt to promote professional soccer in this country

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Robert, you reasoning behind this list would really be quite enlightening not to say entertaining, especially how the CSA is responsible for poor referee calls?

It's always someone else's fault. It never has anything to do with poor planning or poor preparations. What do you call an organization with no organization? The CSA. Can't Satisfy Anyone.[xx(]

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Robert is not really saying the CSA is responsible for the Ref's calls, rather he is saying the CSA failed to develop enough quality players that they could overcome bad referee calls in games against weak opponents. He is also saying they are quick to blame others but never admit their own mistakes.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

So true. And part of the truth is that, although the WYC (u20s)

is an important tournament, and a SSS at York would have been

great, the world doesn't follow Canadian soccer nor would it

care if a SSS is built at all.

Building a stadium is extremely difficult regarding North American

logistics and funding, especially for an admittedly low-profile

sport in this corner of the world.

Commonwealth stadium, just as it was with the Women's U19, is

a fitting venue for an event like this. (No disrespect for

the venues in Vancouver, Victoria, Ottawa, and Montreal.)

You guys are absolutly right, however, you guys miss the point. The point being this will be the biggest event ever in Canadian soccer. Nevermind the World Cup, I can't see how FIFA would trust the CSA with even the Women's World Cup. Any goodwill because of the girls tournament has been lost.

If there is no legacy left, there is no point in hosting this tournament. Financially, Pipe has said the CSA is aiming for break even, so that means they will lose money. So if there is no improvement in stadiums or the pro game, what's the point?

So we can watch teenagers from the rest of the world play each other?

Sure, the matches will be a success attendance wise. There will probably be 40 000+ in Edmonton for the final. And if it's something like Italy-Brazil, it will probably sell out. But again big deal.

So for that 1 month, soccer will be on the front pages, stadiums will be sold out, soccer this, soccer that....and then....back to nothing. Just like after the succes of the girls and the Gold Cup win, what happened? Nothing. There was no plan to take advantage of these successes.

And actually, both of those events were bad, because after the girls tournament, a couple people in Edmonton had fantasies of 50 000 people a game for A-League matches, and our national team was over confident going to WC qualifing.

Unless a couple billionaires come along, Canadian soccer will never see an other opportunity like this.

quote:Originally posted by analyst

Robert is not really saying the CSA is responsible for the Ref's calls, rather he is saying the CSA failed to develop enough quality players that they could overcome bad referee calls in games against weak opponents. He is also saying they are quick to blame others but never admit their own mistakes.

Now why didn't Richard understand that? Unfortunately, the comedy of errors provided by the CSA only has entertainment value for those who aren't Canadian soccer supporters. The CSA is the embarrassment of all that constitutes Canadian soccer. Our MNT may be ranked 84th in the world, but our national association must surely be ranked lower than that. I don't think I would like to see a FIFA ranking of national associations, although it might shame these bastards into action. Imagine some of the less fortunate nations of the world receiving $35,000,000.00 to build a stadium in their largest city. Would they be blaming other sports, universities, or corporations? Or would they be busy digging a hole and ordering concrete?

quote:Originally posted by Robert

Now why didn't Richard understand that? Unfortunately, the comedy of errors provided by the CSA only has entertainment value for those who aren't Canadian soccer supporters. The CSA is the embarrassment of all that constitutes Canadian soccer. Our MNT may be ranked 84th in the world, but our national association must surely be ranked lower than that. I don't think I would like to see a FIFA ranking of national associations, although it might shame these bastards into action. Imagine some of the less fortunate nations of the world receiving $35,000,000.00 to build a stadium in their largest city. Would they be blaming other sports, universities, or corporations? Or would they be busy digging a hole and ordering concrete?

The thing is that when it comes to a legacy for any international competition, it must be up to people in the individual communities to achieve that. You can't rely on national bodies for that to happen.

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

The thing is that when it comes to a legacy for any international competition, it must be up to people in the individual communities to achieve that. You can't rely on national bodies for that to happen.

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

Archived