Brampton Stallions season over before it started!

stallions

It is with deepest regrets, that we (Brampton Stallions PFC), will not be able to carry out our inaugural season with the CPSL. The main reason being that the purchase agreement with the CPSL and our owner, Mr. Joseph Fuliere, could not be finalized due to a number of conditions that were not met by the CPSL within the allotted time period.

We hope with the appointment of Cary Kaplan, the new commissioner of the CPSL, that with proper changes in the administration and his marketing savvy, that we will return in the near future!

We would like to thank all that have helped to try to get us into action this season and we hope that with your continued support we will be back soon!

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

Since when are conditions placed on a league when someone is buying a team???

Well, there could be, not necessarily "conditions placed on the league" but more like clauses like for marketing, sponsorship, etc.

quote:Originally posted by stallions

The main reason being that the purchase agreement with the CPSL and our owner, Mr. Joseph Fuliere, could not be finalized due to a number of conditions that were not met by the CPSL within the allotted time period.

Riiiiight!! Don't make a stupid situation even worse.

If this was not so typically Canaidan soccer, I would laugh.

The team was purchased under certain conditions, primarily from the major problems that occured from last years Brampton team. The CPSL made an agreement with Mr. Fuliere, where certain conditions would be fulfilled by him and certain conditions were to be filled by the League. All of Mr. Fuliere's conditions were met, but the League did not meet their conditions under the specified time period that was agreed upon, and we had no alternative but to walk away from the current deal! Unlike the previous ownership group no cheque was bounced, this you may confirm with the league!

As a matter of fact, the substantial downpayment made by Mr. Fuliere via certified cheque has not been returned by the the CPSL, even though 2 weeks have lapsed on this agreement.

For those of you doubters, please get your facts straight before you post here.

The team was purchased under certain conditions, primarily from the major problems that occured from last years Brampton team. The CPSL made an agreement with Mr. Fuliere, where certain conditions would be fulfilled by him and certain conditions were to be filled by the League. All of Mr. Fuliere's conditions were met, but the League did not meet their conditions under the specified time period that was agreed upon, and we had no alternative but to walk away from the current deal! Unlike the previous ownership group no cheque was bounced, this you may confirm with the league!

As a matter of fact, the substantial downpayment made by Mr. Fuliere via certified cheque has not been returned by the the CPSL, even though 2 weeks have lapsed on this agreement.

For those of you doubters, please get your facts straight before you post here.

The team should have never been announced, because now both the Stallions organization and the CPSL look like idiots once again.

Since it was not 100%, even whatever work has been done to this point, will need to be done 100000 times more next year to gain the public's trust. (Did that make sense?)

And why hasn't anything been posted on the CPSL's web site?

quote:Originally posted by Elias

The team should have never been announced, because now both the Stallions organization and the CPSL look like idiots once again.

Since it was not 100%, even whatever work has been done to this point, will need to be done 100000 times more next year to gain the public's trust. (Did that make sense?)

And why hasn't anything been posted on the CPSL's web site?

Actually, it was only announced on discussion forums by this stallions poster, never publicly by the league. Maybe 'someone' should not have been so premature as to post information before it was official.

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

Actually, it was only announced on discussion forums by this stallions poster, never publicly by the league. Maybe 'someone' should not have been so premature as to post information before it was official.

It was announced by the league http://www.cpsl.ca/news.asp?news=412

I dunno, it just makes Canadian soccer look mickey mouse once again. I guess it's a good thing nobody pays attention.

And why does the CPSL always seem to include "Canada’s only complete professional soccer league" in their press releases? Once again, mickey mouse. I guess that would make the W-CPSL minnie mouse. Sorry.

quote:I dunno, it just makes Canadian soccer look mickey mouse once again. I guess it's a good thing nobody pays attention.

And why does the CPSL always seem to include "Canada’s only complete professional soccer league" in their press releases? Once again, mickey mouse. I guess that would make the W-CPSL minnie mouse. Sorry.

Correction, it makes the CPSL look mickey mouse, not Canadian soccer. You're falling prey to the CANADIAN Professional Soccer League's own propaganda ;)

quote:Originally posted by Elias

It was announced by the league http://www.cpsl.ca/news.asp?news=412

I dunno, it just makes Canadian soccer look mickey mouse once again. I guess it's a good thing nobody pays attention.

L.T. was referring to the demise of the club, not the announcement of the club's participation in the league.

Either way, yes, it is Mickey Mouse as is the constant inclusion of "Canada’s only complete professional soccer league".

It's silly not to mention false!

db

Archived