Stalteri to Spurs?

Tks to CelticOnFire at BS for headsup

Our good buddy ol Simon Fudge at work again.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=271665&CPID=8&CLID=6&lid=&title=Stalteri+unaware+of+Spurs+link&channel=Premiership

Stalteri unaware of Spurs link

by Simon Fudge - created on 22 Apr 2005

EXCLUSIVE

stalteri-homekit.jpg

Werder Bremen right back Paul Stalteri has told skysports.com that he is unaware of any interest from Tottenham Hotspur.

Reports from the capital have suggested that Spurs boss Martin Jol is keen to bring the Canadian international to White Hart Lane in the summer.

Stalteri, however, refused to comment on reports linking him with a move to the North London outfit.

"I haven't heard anything," Stalteri told skysports.com.

"Also, I don't comment on any clubs that are interested in me or on any persons I've spoken to (in the media), so I remain on that stance.

"I really can't say anything more."

The former Toronto Lynx player has already attracted interest from The Premiership this season, with the 27-year-old having turned down an offer from Crystal Palace last summer.

Reports in the North West of England last month had suggested that Stalteri may have been a target of former Manchester City boss Kevin Keegan.

With his Werder contract set to expire at the season's end, Stalteri confirmed that discussions have taken place regarding an extension to his deal with the Bundesliga champions.

"We've had a meeting and we're in discussions about possibly an extension," Stalteri added.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

This same rumour, with a rather large photo of Stalteri, appeared on the back cover of The Evening Standard here in the UK back on Friday (22 April 2005).

well that should attract the attention of the Gunners (fingers crossed). Stalteri to Spurs would pose a huge dilema. I am incabable of not cheering for a team with Canadian on it, but equally, I am incapable of cheering for Spurs. Only crazy people can get out of the army, but if you want out of the army you are not crazy.

quote:Originally posted by canso

What if The Great Traitor starts playing for the Arse?

Who will you cheer for then?

I don't have a problem with Englishmen playing for Arsenal, although it is becoming increasingly rare.

(I've never had the problem with Hargreaves that many others on this board have. I don't support his decision but it was his to make and at the end of the day why should I care?)

...why should I care?)

"gasp" [:0]

Becuase he is a traitor and a liar. Because he has set the program back ten years by depriving the nation that raised him. Because he has opened the floodgates for others to follow his example. Because he should/could have been our best ever.

But then again, maybe I should stop caring. [xx(]

quote:Originally posted by canso

...why should I care?)

"gasp" [:0]

Becuase he is a traitor and a liar. Because he has set the program back ten years by depriving the nation that raised him. Because he has opened the floodgates for others to follow his example. Because he should/could have been our best ever.

But then again, maybe I should stop caring. [xx(]

no, please don't stop caring. what the traitor did was wrong, and the second we stop caring it might happen again...not that it probably won't, but it's our duty as supporters to give anyone who does betray Canada tonnes of grief..;)

Cheers buddy!

Now you're making me wax all poetic like.

Owen, Owen, Owen

Where you think you're goin?

Your country needed you more

But you chose the way of the whore!

Do you think your player rep

Has ever been on the sands of Dieppe?

The Maple Leaf will always stand tall and free

And you will be just a footnote* in England's history!

* Owen Hargreaves- handful of caps, mostly not worth mentioning, couldn't even keep Nicky Butt out of the squad.

If The Traitor is in the SvenGorLand squad for the USA tour I would be all in favour of getting our loudest voices together to form a dedicated heckling squad!

To the tune of O My Darling Clementine:

Owen Har-greaves, Owen Har-greaves

You're a traitor and a whore.

You decided to play for England,

So stay out of Canada forevermore.

You're not English, You're not English

You're not English and you know you're not.

You were born in fair Alberta,

But if you return, make sure you don't get caught!

Apparently Stalteri will decide by next week whether to stay with Werder or not. He finds Werder's offer acceptable but has to decide whether "he wants to try out something new."

Entscheidung naht

(ODO). Ob Paul Stalteri in der nächsten Saison bei Werder Bremen spielt, wird sich voraussichtlich nächste Woche entscheiden. Das haben sowohl Klaus Allofs als auch der Kanadier gesagt. Für Stalteri geht es dabei nicht um die Frage, ob ihm Werders Angebot passt. "Das ist okay", sagte er gestern. Vielmehr müsse er für sich entscheiden, "ob ich jetzt ’was Neues ausprobieren will". Dabei geht es in erster Linie um ein Engagement im Ausland.

Quelle: Weser-kurier.de

Archived