Portugal Squad for Canada & World Cup Game

Manuel

LISBON, March 16 (Reuters) - Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari named the following 20-man squad on Wednesday for their friendly international with Canada in Barcelos, Portugal, on March 26 and World Cup Group Three qualifier with Slovakia in Bratislava on March 30.

Goalkeepers: Ricardo Pereira (Sporting), Quim Silva (Benfica)

Defenders: Miguel Monteiro (Benfica), Jorge Andrade (Deportivo Coruna), Paulo Ferreira (Chelsea), Ricardo Carvalho (Chelsea), Nuno Valente (Porto), Ricardo Costa (Porto), Fernando Meira (VFB Stuttgart)

Midfielders: Deco Souza (Barcelona), Armando Petit (Benfica), Costinha (Porto), Maniche Ribeiro (Porto), Hugo Viana (Sporting)

Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Helder Postiga (Porto), Luis Boa Morte (Fulham), Pauleta (Paris St Germain), Simao Sabrosa (Benfica), Nuno Gomes (Benfica)

yes your right they will all need cains when they walk off the field after the game or is it canes whatever and they got to watch their heads for falling bricks from the stands.good thing they chose a small stadium to hold the game or else canada would get scared at such a big crowd at their funeral

That is the A team, no doubt aboot it! They will be taking it easy though, no one wants to get hurt before the real game later...so we gotta run em down and kick some lumps out of the Porkncheese goat lovin cod suckers!

Course that could back fire and they get mad and score seven!

If portugal takes it easy, should be 2 or 3 nil for them, maybe Canada gets a lucky one. But if they think about the US game in the previous World Cup and decide to play to their full potential, Canada will be in trouble, could get up to 4 or 5 for them and maybe 1 for us. Their speed and playmaking will kill us. Canada can only last at this pace for 40 minutes before our legs give out.

quote:Originally posted by ABEL

yes your right they will all need cains when they walk off the field after the game or is it canes whatever and they got to watch their heads for falling bricks from the stands.good thing they chose a small stadium to hold the game or else canada would get scared at such a big crowd at their funeral

Yeah they'll need canes at their funerals and bricks will fall from the stands...or maybe they'll just play soccer and you'll grow up.

Well you can look at it in two ways.

1. The Portugese may use the match as a part of their training, not taking it too seriously.

2. Or they will use it as a dress rehearsal for the upcoming Slovakia match.

It's hard to say what kind of quality of play will result from Portugal. They did lose to Ireland in their last match, a friendly, so maybe Scolari wants to beat them into shape and have them show no mercy against our Reds. Regardless, will be a stern test for the Reds.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Did you even SEE that game? [}:)]

No I didn't see the game, but I recall seeing this in a write up article following the game. As I recall we were hammered by the Czechs and German not to long ago. I am being realistic. I hope we do well and have an upset. :D

Archived