Juventus - Trentino A.A. 3-0

GRP C

Parma - Canada 0 -0

Torino - Lazio 0-0

GRP D

Inter - Arco 0 -1

Sampdoria - Roma 0- 1

MY PREDICTIONS AS POSTED IN OTHER FORUM

Just some information on this tour for the Under 17 squad.

Top two Favorites In each groups (but only one advances)

Group One Milan, Atalanta. These two teams have had battles and some good futbol games tuff to pick. But as a Milan fan I will give the edge to Milan to win the tournament.

Group two Juve and Fiorentina

Bascally all in 2nd place teams currently in thier division also a tough group but i will give the edge to Juve.

Group three Canada - Parma

Canada should not have problems here as most of the teams may not be at the level of Canadas as all the team 4 and 5th place standings here. Canada should advance to the next round and have a better challenge with Milan.

Group four Inter Roma

Roma and inter closely matched either can go to the final but I will pick Roma to finish on top.

Semi - Milan - Canada (Milan)

Juve --- Roma (Juve)

Julian and myself will travel to see and meet the squad on his off day on sat against the match Canada and Lazio I will keep you up to date on a live report FROM THE FIELD...

NOW FINALS SCORE ARE IN

GRP A

Milan - Jef United 3-1

Atalanta - Reggina 1-1

GRP B

Salernitana - Fiorentina 2- 1

Juventus - Trentino A.A. 3-1

GRP C

Parma - Canada 0 -0

Torino - Lazio 3- 1

GRP D

Inter - Arco 5 -1

Sampdoria - Roma 0- 3

hERE ARE THE PICS AND THE PLAYERS OF ALL THE TEAMS

http://www.beppeviola-arco.it/galleriafoto/galleria.asp?galleria_id=50

AND STANDINGS AS OF TODAY

http://www.beppeviola-arco.it/2005/classi.html

Men's Junior (U-17) Team

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Juniors Draw Parma 0-0

Ottawa, Ontario - Canada’s Men’s Under-17 Team tied Parma 0-0 at the Beppe-Viola International Youth Tournament on Thursday in Arco, Italy.

The game was very physical, but Canada failed to bow to the intimidation. Game conditions were not ideal as the pitch was frozen and very rough.

“As expected the level of competition is very competitive,” said Head Coach Stephen Hart “The players were warned that these teams are in season, well prepared and have a good understanding of each other.”

Considering that the majority of players have not been playing, they adapted and settled down quite nicely. In the second half Canada squandered four good chances, as Shane Lammie consistently got behind the defensive line. Canada was fortunate when Parma attempted to capitalize on some sloppy defending, but only managed to strike the post. It would prove to be their only chance in the second half.

"Overall I am satisfied with the collective performance,” added Hart. “We should have done better as we did create chances in both halves. However, if we continue to play with confidence and create chances, we should be able to capitalize."

More information on the Beppe-Viola International Youth Tournament can be found by visiting: www.beppeviola-arco.it

Canada is preparing for group B final round CONCACAF Under-17 qualifying where they will compete against Haiti, Honduras, and host Mexico for a place in the 2005 FIFA U-17 World Championship in Peru from September 15 – October 2, 2005.

Beppe-Viola International Youth Tournament

Arco, Italy

Canada 0 (0)

Parma 0 (0)

Canada: 22-Zach Kalthoff; 2-Harman Braich; 4-Joseph Awuakye; 6-Robert Karek; 7-Kyle Oliviera; 12-Jonathan Beaulieu; 10-Cristian Nunez; 11-Shane Lammie (17-Kevin Courcelle, 55); 15-AJ Gray (3-Adam Lang, 35); 13-Basi Seminara (16-Keegan Ayre, 45); 14-Rudolph Mayard

Remaining Canadian Game Schedule

February 11, 2005 @ 14:30 - Arco/Romarzollo

CANADA vs. Torino

February 12, 2005 @ 14:30 - Volano

CANADA vs. Lazio

February 13, 2005 @ 10:30 - Arco/Via Pomerio

Winner Group C vs. Winner Group A

February 15, 2005

@ TBD - TBD - CANADA vs. JEF United (Japan)

OR @ 15:00 - Arco/Via Pomerio - Final

*Schedule is subject to change.

http://canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=2038

massive attack the next game they should not have any problems and should come out victorious in the next 2 games parma will most likely do the same, each with 7 points at the end of it all and should advance on goal + -

article out of Trento Italy, http://www.sportrentino.it/

Basically it say's " A good debut by the Canada team in the scoreless game against Parma.....

Here are the results for today action Canada ties Torino

http://www.beppeviola-arco.it/2005/risulta.html

Canada had good chances to take advantage in the first half but found themselves struggling with more physical team of Torino.

Height and strenghts to Turin but the Canadian team had finess on and off the ball and made it exciting and thats all that should matter. Surprised on they tied in this one!

Tommorow different story should have a much eaiser game with a weaker team of Lazio sorry DJT

Canada should win 3 - 1 and Torino will lose to parma by the same score or 2 - 1 result.

here is the tape on this game today

GIRONE C

Canada - Torino 1-1 (1-0)

CANADA: Monsalve, Lang, Ridley, Kerek, Oliveira, Marrello, Akuoko (Nunez dal 18' st), Mayard, Lammie (Courcelle dal 30' st), Bourgault, Gray. A disposizione: Kalthoff, Braich, Awauakye, Seminara, Ayre. Allenatore: Stephen Hart.

TORINO: Miolli, Finocchiaro, Predko, Careluppo, Cristino, Ogbonna, Prunelli (Scutti dal 1' st), Castiglia, Lo Bosco (Camolese dal 25' pt), Cavanè (Bettini dal 22' st), Pavese. A disposizione: Bini, Mauro, Giaquinto, Benedetti. Allenatore: Maurizio Calamita.

Arbitro: Mauri di Trento. Collaboratori: Stefani e Morandi di Arco.

Reti: Lammie © al 23' pt; Predko (T) al 35' st.

Note: 6-5 dopo i calci di rigore.

CSA report on the Torino game:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Men's Junior (U-17) Team

Friday, February 11, 2005

Juniors Settle for 1-1 Draw Against Torino

Ottawa, Ontario - Canada’s Men’s Under-17 Team battled to 1-1 draw with Torino on Friday afternoon at the 2005 Beppe-Viola International Youth Tournament in Arco, Italy. The draw was Canada’s second in as many days but the Canucks might feel as though they let three points slip from their grasp when they gave up a last minute equalizer to Torino. Canada now finds itself perched in third and must find a way to beat Lazio on Saturday (as well as hope for a Torino loss against Parma) if it hopes to reach the knock-out stage.

Canada opened against Torino playing a very composed game and created several good chances early on, yet once again failed to capitalize. Torino was an extremely physical outfit and very direct in the manner in which they approached the game.

Physically, the Canucks were outmatched for height, so the direct approach took some adjustment.

However, it was Canada’s Shane Lammie, who has caused defenders fits in the opening two games, who grabbed the opener off some very good movement and passing in the middle third. After some lovely inter-play in the midfield, the ball eventually found its way to AJ Gray who served a delightful ball into the area for Lammie to head home.

Canada continued to control the half and was unfortunate not to go in front by two with a minute remaining in the opening stanza.

But not to be outdone, Torino almost equalized seconds later off a corner, when a header, destined for goal, was cleared off the line from Gray.

In the second half, Torino were even more physical in their approach and with 15 minutes remaining, pushed several players forward and simply rained balls into the penalty area.

Canada nearly caught Torino on a couple of counter attacks but failed to finish.

In the 70th minute, Canada’s squandered opportunities would come back to bite them. Torino’s direct approach had finally paid dividends as a ball fell perfectly for an unmarked Torino striker to hit home from close range.

“We played some very effective soccer both in possession and when we did not have the ball”, said Canadian Head Coach Stephen Hart immediately following the match. “We were all disappointed with the tying goal, but that is the nature of the game."

Group C will be decided on Saturday when Canada face Lazio in Volano in the final game of the group stage while Torino and Parma square off in Rovereto.

More information on the Beppe-Viola International Youth Tournament can be found by visiting: www.beppeviola-arco.it

Canada is preparing for group B final round CONCACAF Under-17 qualifying where they will compete against Haiti, Honduras, and host Mexico for a place in the 2005 FIFA U-17 World Championship in Peru from September 15 – October 2, 2005.

Friday, February 11, 2005 - Beppe-Viola International Youth Tournament

Arco, Italy

Canada 1(1)

Torino 1(0)

Goals: Canada - Lammie (23); Torino – n/a

Canada: 1-David Monsalve; 5-Curtis Ridley; 3-Adam Lang; 6-Robert Kerek; 7-Kyle Oliviera; 12-Jonathan Beaulieu; 8-Alex Marrello; 11-Shane Lammie (17-Kevin Courcelle, 65); 15-AJ Gray; 9-Johnson Akuoko (10-Cristian Nunez, 50); 14-Rudolph Mayard

http://canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=2039

quote:Originally posted by Alberto

GIRONE C

Canada - Torino 1-1 (1-0)

CANADA: Monsalve, Lang, Ridley, Kerek, Oliveira, Marrello, Akuoko (Nunez dal 18' st), Mayard, Lammie (Courcelle dal 30' st), Bourgault, Gray. A disposizione: Kalthoff, Braich, Awauakye, Seminara, Ayre. Allenatore: Stephen Hart.

TORINO: Miolli, Finocchiaro, Predko, Careluppo, Cristino, Ogbonna, Prunelli (Scutti dal 1' st), Castiglia, Lo Bosco (Camolese dal 25' pt), Cavanè (Bettini dal 22' st), Pavese. A disposizione: Bini, Mauro, Giaquinto, Benedetti. Allenatore: Maurizio Calamita.

Arbitro: Mauri di Trento. Collaboratori: Stefani e Morandi di Arco.

Reti: Lammie © al 23' pt; Predko (T) al 35' st.

Note: 6-5 dopo i calci di rigore.

Alberto, why was the game decided on penalty kicks? Were there penalty kicks in the Parma game as well?

I am so damned impressed that we are using this tournament as our preparation for qualifying. Tough physical competition is great, especially when they are playing talented young teams from a great soccer country such as Italia. And I'm thrilled, too, to "see" our lads adapting and improving and actually showing well. Lammie sounds like a deadly Hume in the making. Very exciting.

Why are our lads physically smaller, shorter than their Italian counterparts? Are we a particularly short team this year, or are we playing up and age group?

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Alberto, why was the game decided on penalty kicks? Were there penalty kicks in the Parma game as well?

The reason here they do it in the event of any possible ties after the two teams met with one game left. This way no unnessary chasing of players is required it is done and over with it.

In this case should turin tie and Canada win as they should it could be a tie with 5 points each however Torino would advance to the next round as the won the kicks today if there is a tie with canada after tommorrows game.

Parma is out! so regardless of the out come Lazio can never tie Canada or Torino after the game tommorrwo either there is a clear winner for 1st or the only possible of a tie for first is between canada and torino after their match tommorrow so they do it today to save lots of time.

hope that answers your question

In China the do the same however in matches that are tied who ever has the most corners wins the game.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

The reason here they do it in the event of any possible ties after the two teams met with one game left. This way no unnessary chasing of players is required it is done and over with it.

In this case should turin tie and Canada win as they should it could be a tie with 5 points each however Torino would advance to the next round as the won the kicks today if there is a tie with canada after tommorrows game.

Parma is out! so regardless of the out come Lazio can never tie Canada or Torino after the game tommorrwo either there is a clear winner for 1st or the only possible of a tie for first is between canada and torino after their match tommorrow so they do it today to save lots of time.

hope that answers your question

In China the do the same however in matches that are tied who ever has the most corners wins the game.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

I am so damned impressed that we are using this tournament as our preparation for qualifying. Tough physical competition is great, especially when they are playing talented young teams from a great soccer country such as Italia. And I'm thrilled, too, to "see" our lads adapting and improving and actually showing well. Lammie sounds like a deadly Hume in the making. Very exciting.

Why are our lads physically smaller, shorter than their Italian counterparts? Are we a particularly short team this year, or are we playing up and age group?

As I indicated in many of my forum comments in europe if Canada is to make use of their talents they must do it at a very early age as many young canadians maybe energized and do well up to the age of 15 years of age and then they fall short quickly of competations, desire and passion, and the sacrifices one has to make to make it in the professional leagues here.

The Problem exists when a country like yours has more baseball diamonds and hockey rinks then futbol pitches. How else is one to move forward as a country to the level of europe Spain, the UK or south america and now even USA with the NCAA / MLS I want to exculd germany as they have too many leagues and easy to join teams there and water down to poor soccer and it shows in development today not being a contender as they used to be...you have a better chance of becoming a baseball player or a hockey player and even still that sucks!

You may have the right misters as i believe you do and even still even if you able to get my mister of Milan he is not god. Its not going to make any differnce until the saying is the cows come home I guess.

The age group of your Canada team is of the same. How ever just remmber they are playing 4th and 5 place teams from here in the group problay so to build up confidence for the young team. I cannot express the difference between a team that of parma, lazio. and torino. With either roma, milan, Atalanta etc....is night and day and you will see that if they make to the next round.

To give you indication your players are gernerally all of canada these players are from their Cities of where the club belongs. The teams Canada is facing is not the National team the best of Italy of the 150 squads to choose from.

But they are holding their own in this Allevi Tour and you should be proud. Here with over 130 teams particpating in this Allevi league. You are only seeing some of the best players not all of them by far.

Alberto, I see what you are saying, but I hardly think the issue is about how many futbol pitches we have compared to ice rinks and baseball diamonds. To be clear, we have a lot of pitches for the youth level, likely more than we have ice rinks--doubt we could say the some of ball diamonds--so I don't think that is the real issue. Perhaps you were being metaphorical? The problem, and I think you are getting at this, is that our 15 year olds have nowhere to go, really. Some get Euro deal--or South American--but not very many, clearly not enough. We sorely lack a good league. Our hockey programs are the best in the world because our 15 year olds have a very real carrot dangling just centimeters from their noses (pro hockey is on hiatus, not dead. At least not in Canada and Europe). Our junior program is by far the best in the world, with the Russians our closest competitor. (The US has college hockey, but for the most part their best players develop on Canadian junior teams, as do many of the best foreign prospects these days.) But for soccer, where do our young men go? The options are few and difficult.

To be clear, I know that these teams Canada is playing in Italy are not national sides. Otherwise they'd be called "Italia" not "Lazio", n'est-ce pas? Still, I think this is a great tune-up for our team. We need to face tough competition, and these Italian sides are providing that. We still need to take on some CONCACAF sides, too, but this is a good start.

Cheers, Alberto[8D]

yes i see your point and I totally agree but the passion must come from the public, the parent of the child, and that passion would in turn motivate the child to become a professional futbol player that demand changes to its clubs or associations. We fire top offical here and protest every day to force the changes the public wants it s the public way or yuor out.

Is it not the same there. Beaver

And yes I realize that this is a great warm up and they are doing very well I hope to see them play tommorrow with Lazio and vbeat them 3 - 1 as I cannot stand Lazio they are merde sorry DJT.

And yes DJT I will do my best. even thou you are a Lazio tifo ok///////////

Canada advance to the next round and plays Atalanta tommorow

they beat lazio but closer then I thought with a 1 - 0. Lammie notches the winner for Canada/

and torino loses to Parma was a favouravboe result to Canada a berth to the next round

Now the competation will be tougher and this should be a very good prep for canada U17 going against Atalanta..

In an article from the tournament website it suggests that Canada has done well to keep up to the European standards considering they come from a country that focuses primarily on winter sports like hockey.It also says that their success has been a surprise.The group favorite Parma didn't play its best until it was too late.

Vancouver Fan - not quiet the majority of the teams here are class of 88 but there normally some 89 as well on a average 6 per team....out of a squad of 22...

Also I disagree with the writer of this article that parma was group favorites as I suggested that Canada would finish on top of this group and as I expected an earier summary in this forum. Parma to finish 2nd to them.

Canada will fall to Atalanta by more then 2 goals. They are of a different breed of players then Canada has met so far in this tour. However say this these underdogs (Canada) if they play well it could be a close game by two goals differnce but If not it will be a by more then 4 goals against them unforuntalely today. So I predict a 3 - 1 score for Atalanta and given them the benifit of the doubt that these u17 boys will give all they have to keep it that close and not a wipe out.

hottoddy7

Yes that Lammie kid is good form what I hear but He cannot do it by himself others have to get involved in scoring to for a Canada win Today against Atalanta

Final today Atalanta 2 - 1 over Canada goal score by Nunez. In a Article Canada was not surely there by any luck by any means they gave Atalanta their sure of problems to be worried in the first half by the early goal of Nunez. And was very impressed with the PERFORMANCE player of Bourgault of Canada.

Atalanta will met Roma in the televised game on Rai Sport.. on tuesday...

ATALANTA: Mannone, Chiodini, Brivio, Scozzarella (Crippa dal 25' st), Cardin, Vernile, Mauri, Arrigoni, Tiboni, Vitali (Zagari dal 14' st), Cisse (Okyere dal 18' st). A disposizione: Tengattini, Biffi, Macrì, Zagari, Okyere, Crippa. Allenatore: Alessio Pala.

CANADA: Monsalve, Lang, Gray, Bourgault, Ridley (Mayard dal 1' st), Kerek, Ayre (Braich dal 34' pt), Marrello, Courcelle (Akuoki dal 1' st), Nunez, Lammie. A disposizione: Kalthoff, Awuakye, Oliveira, Seminara. Allenatore: Stephen Hart.

Arbitro: Pellegrini di Arco. Collaboratori: Dal Ri e Zanettin di Trento.

Reti: Nunez © al 3' st; Mauri (A) al 35' st; (A) Zagari (A) al 40' st.

Here are the photos

www.beppeviola-arco.it/galleriafoto/getfoto.asp?foto_id=680

http://www.beppeviola-arco.it/galleriafoto/getfoto.asp?foto_id=681

http://www.beppeviola-arco.it/galleriafoto/getfoto.asp?foto_id=682

http://www.beppeviola-arco.it/galleriafoto/getfoto.asp?foto_id=683

http://www.beppeviola-arco.it/galleriafoto/getfoto.asp?foto_id=684

http://www.beppeviola-arco.it/galleriafoto/getfoto.asp?foto_id=679

Thanks for the reports Alberto. Did you make it to the Saturday game with Julian?

Seems our boys did pretty well against the Club teams, who probably train together year round and are in season. Should be a good confidence booster for them.

Judging by the lineups game to game, it seems the key players are Ridley, Kerek, Borgault, Lammie, Mayard, Gray and Nunez. They seem to have played the most minutes. Interesting about Seminara, the only player who plays in Italy. He played the first half of the first game, then never saw the field again. He was either hurt or didn't fit in. Wouldn't it be nice to get some good detailed reports from the CSA on our development squads so we would not have to speculate all the time?

Archived