Under 17 Canada National team tour post in Italy

Alberto

Fired Hart, we want results, a semi-final against Italy top youth teams is unaceptable, those players should be put in reformation camps (a la 1966 North Korea) for dishonouring our country. It's time for radical changes at the CSA........

On a non-sarcastic note, I think it's a great tournament for those youngs players and I hope some of them will get some invitation from those italian clubs. Now let,s just hope they qualify for Peru 2005.

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Judging by the lineups game to game, it seems the key players are Ridley, Kerek, Borgault, Lammie, Mayard, Gray and Nunez. They seem to have played the most minutes. Interesting about Seminara, the only player who plays in Italy. He played the first half of the first game, then never saw the field again. He was either hurt or didn't fit in. Wouldn't it be nice to get some good detailed reports from the CSA on our development squads so we would not have to speculate all the time?

Does anyone know anything about these above mentioned players (like what kind of player they are, wingers, holding mids, defence, etc) This Lammie kid, think it's possible he might get called up to the under-20 in the Netherlands?

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Thanks for the reports Alberto. Did you make it to the Saturday game with Julian?

I was Torino with him but could not go not enought time but I did send a colleaghe to give me a report on some players. We are in the process of bringing players up to Italy from the class of 90 up to 87 class for two weeks in the month of April/May for many teams of the Berretti, Primavera and Serie D teams, which will be scouted by many Mister of teams from all over Italy. This venue has been made with Julians Father and it up to him to get the best players here for us. Nes of this event will be coming soon!
quote:Seems our boys did pretty well against the Club teams, who probably train together year round and are in season. Should be a good confidence booster for them.

Judging by the lineups game to game, it seems the key players are Ridley, Kerek, Borgault, Lammie, Mayard, Gray and Nunez. They seem to have played the most minutes. Interesting about Seminara, the only player who plays in Italy. He played the first half of the first game, then never saw the field again. He was either hurt or didn't fit in. Wouldn't it be nice to get some good detailed reports from the CSA on our development squads so we would not have to speculate all the time?

From my understanding Canada did extermely well against these teams.

Some surprise with some individual work of some players. Over all it seems that the team are capable of challenge any team at this level but remmeber this is a preparation for your u17 tour not a National representation so i dont know if this is what you have but In my opinion from this tournament and what i was told

They still require some work, specially in the legs and upper body strenghts. If they want to move up in the level of futbol in europe they must work on these areas and too add, endurance to play 90 minutes which had fallen off in some game here even thou the games where shorter, and in addition obtaining speciality players to take advantages of weakness or strenghts of the oppossion and that they can get the job done in certain areas of the field. My understanding, overall the good players are working way to hard on the field of play just to make it happen for their team, and the weaker players seems they making it diffcult for the good players to show their true talents as a team concept.

Thust a not a balance team,if they (Canada) can fix the unbalance of their squad say 3 - 4 positions as starters, I think they have a better chance in moving up one level closer to a europe National team.

And they would have not HAD no problems winning all of the games here in tour.

I would be interested to find out if this team has met the US 17 team which I understand are good all round team. How do they compare to them for example.....

from CSA site: (nothing about match against Japanese club tomorrow)

Men's Junior (U-17) Team

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Juniors Fall To Atalanta In Semi-finals

Canada’s U17 National Team lost a heartbreaking semi-final encounter to Italian club Atalanta on Sunday afternoon at the 2005 Beppe-Viola Youth Tournament. The Canadians, who have surprised many at the tournament with their enterprise and spirit, grabbed the early lead in the second half but two unanswered goals from the Italians late in the contest were enough to assure an all-Italian final.

The game was only 18 seconds old when Canada had its first chance, but after that moment Atalanta began to stamp their control on the game and dominated possession. The Canadians looked a tad tentative in the early moments and were almost made to pay for it on a few occasions. By the time the whistle blew for the interval, the best Atalanta could conjure were two opportunities in front of goal; both of which sailed over the bar.

The second half saw a very different Canada. The Canucks opened quickly with some sharp passing that eventually led to a teasing cross from AJ Gray that Shane Lammie just failed to get a foot to.

Almost immediately after, Rudolph Mayard slipped a well-weighted pass through to Christian Nunez who held off his defender and easily side-footed past the Atalanta goalkeeper to give Canada the lead.

Atalanta was shaken and Canada seemed determined to keep it that way. Minutes later, it appeared as though the Canucks had extended their lead to two when Mayard’s rasping shot struck the underside of the cross bar and bounced fortuitously to Johnson Akuoko to head into the goal. The Atalanta goalkeeper scrambled to reach the header but could only manage to pull the ball out of the net. However, the referee and his assistant claimed not to have seen the ball cross the line and Canada’s lead remained one.

Canada pressed to undo the injustice and once again it was Mayard who came close but his low shot to the far corner just whistled past the left post.

Atalanta, sensing the game was slipping away, pressed for the equalizer and it came in the 70th minute when a corner was whipped into the Canadian box. The cross was not dealt with cleanly and Atalanta scrambled in the elusive leveler.

In the final minute, Atalanta were then gifted a freekick at the top of the box. The Italians would convert and assure themselves a place in Tuesday final.

"Congratulations to Atalanta. I wish them all the best in the final,” said Canadian Head Stephen Hart following the match.

“We played well enough in the second half to come away with the result, but it was not to be. Competitions of this nature are good for this age group and we learned a lot about ourselves in this one."

February 13, 2005 - Beppe-Viola International Youth Tournament

Arco, Italy

Canada 1(0)

Atalanta 2(0)

Goals: Canada - Nunez (40)

Canada: 1-David Monsalve, 5-Curtis Ridley (14-Rudolph Mayard, 35), 3-Adam Lang, 6-Robert Karek, 12-Jonathan Beaulieu, 10-Cristian Nunez, 8-Alex Marrello, 11-Shane Lammie, 17-Kevin Courcelle (9-Johnson Akuoko, 35), 15-AJ Gray, 16-Keegan Ayre (2-Harman Braich, 37)

Alberto can you help with this translation.

Also from a website you said that Atalanta and others are 4-5th place teams. Yet I found where Atalanta were champions of Italy last year??

Taken from the Tournament Site

Una semifinale scontata, Roma – Juventus (domani mattina alle 10.30 sul sintetico di Mattarello), ed una a sorpresa, Rappresentativa del Canada – Atalanta (domani mattina alle 10.30 al Comunale di Arco). La 34^ edizione del Torneo Città di Arco – Beppe Viola, riservato alla categoria under 16, ha voluto riservare nella terza ed ultima giornata dei gironi di qualificazione un vero e proprio colpo di teatro.

Già qualificata la Juventus, abbastanza scontato il passaggio della Roma (che aveva due risultati a favore nello spareggio con l’Inter) , nel girone A e nel girone C, dai quali sarebbero uscite le altre due semifinaliste, c’era abbastanza incertezza, anche se Milan e Torino, almeno sulla carta, sembravano avere più frecce nel loro arco per passare il turno. Il Milan, campione uscente al Beppe Viola, perché si sarebbe potuto accontentare di un pareggio con l’Atalanta, il Torino perché era chiamato ad affrontare il già eliminato Parma.

Ed invece è successo il finimondo: i giovani rossoneri, infatti, dopo appena 10’ di gioco si sono trovati ad inseguire l’Atalanta, passata in vantaggio con Arrigoni, e non sono più riusciti a riequilibrare la partita come era nelle loro possibilità e nelle loro speranze. Ma l’Atalanta non si può certo considerare una sorpresa, se è vero che gli orobici guidano il girone A del campionato di categoria davanti alla Juventus, al Torino ed alla Sampdoria, tanto per citare solo le protagoniste di questa edizione del Torneo Beppe Viola. Una squadra di grandi tradizioni a livello giovanile, insomma, che si appresta finalmente a raccogliere ad Arco i frutti di anni ed anni di lavoro intelligente di una società che ha sempre fatto del suo vivaio la sua principale fonte di ricchezza.

Non altrettanto si può dire per il Canada, dal quale ci si aspetta giungano atleti degli sport invernali, hockeisti, ma non certo giocatori di calcio. Ed invece i ragazzini di Stephen Hart hanno dimostrato di saperci fare e comunque di reggere il confronto con quella scuola europea che vanta indubbiamente più radicate tradizioni. Il loro passaggio alla semifinale è frutto del successo, imprevisto, sulla Lazio, la cui rappresentativa non è stata all’altezza dei tempi migliori, successo che non sarebbe bastato, comunque, se il Parma non avesse fatto fino in fondo il suo dovere, mettendo sotto i granata che hanno avuto il torto, forse, di considerarsi già a cavallo

quote:Originally posted by Observer

Alberto can you help with this translation.

Also from a website you said that Atalanta and others are 4-5th place teams. Yet I found where Atalanta were champions of Italy last year??

Taken from the Tournament Site

Una semifinale scontata, Roma – Juventus (domani mattina alle 10.30 sul sintetico di Mattarello), ed una a sorpresa, Rappresentativa del Canada – Atalanta (domani mattina alle 10.30 al Comunale di Arco). La 34^ edizione del Torneo Città di Arco – Beppe Viola, riservato alla categoria under 16, ha voluto riservare nella terza ed ultima giornata dei gironi di qualificazione un vero e proprio colpo di teatro.

Già qualificata la Juventus, abbastanza scontato il passaggio della Roma (che aveva due risultati a favore nello spareggio con l’Inter) , nel girone A e nel girone C, dai quali sarebbero uscite le altre due semifinaliste, c’era abbastanza incertezza, anche se Milan e Torino, almeno sulla carta, sembravano avere più frecce nel loro arco per passare il turno. Il Milan, campione uscente al Beppe Viola, perché si sarebbe potuto accontentare di un pareggio con l’Atalanta, il Torino perché era chiamato ad affrontare il già eliminato Parma.

Ed invece è successo il finimondo: i giovani rossoneri, infatti, dopo appena 10’ di gioco si sono trovati ad inseguire l’Atalanta, passata in vantaggio con Arrigoni, e non sono più riusciti a riequilibrare la partita come era nelle loro possibilità e nelle loro speranze. Ma l’Atalanta non si può certo considerare una sorpresa, se è vero che gli orobici guidano il girone A del campionato di categoria davanti alla Juventus, al Torino ed alla Sampdoria, tanto per citare solo le protagoniste di questa edizione del Torneo Beppe Viola. Una squadra di grandi tradizioni a livello giovanile, insomma, che si appresta finalmente a raccogliere ad Arco i frutti di anni ed anni di lavoro intelligente di una società che ha sempre fatto del suo vivaio la sua principale fonte di ricchezza.

Non altrettanto si può dire per il Canada, dal quale ci si aspetta giungano atleti degli sport invernali, hockeisti, ma non certo giocatori di calcio. Ed invece i ragazzini di Stephen Hart hanno dimostrato di saperci fare e comunque di reggere il confronto con quella scuola europea che vanta indubbiamente più radicate tradizioni. Il loro passaggio alla semifinale è frutto del successo, imprevisto, sulla Lazio, la cui rappresentativa non è stata all’altezza dei tempi migliori, successo che non sarebbe bastato, comunque, se il Parma non avesse fatto fino in fondo il suo dovere, mettendo sotto i granata che hanno avuto il torto, forse, di considerarsi già a cavallo

what i ment was that in the first orginal group the teams Parma torino and LAzio are respectatively in 5th place and 6th place in their leauges at the moment.

Atalanta is first in their group therefore a more diffucult match for Canada the the orginal 3 sorry if you misunderstood..

regardless all good team at the Allevi national primary 88 and 89 on these teams in the tour......for the italian squads

Archived