Why isn't SNet showing Pompey-S'hampton?

Daniel

last year sport net showed every south coast derby (even the FA game, I seem to remember). It really is too bad they aren't showing the game (considering I'm a Saints fan).

amacpher - Why don't you think the $3 is good value? (not being a weenie - just curious) I get it as a package so I'm not paying for it specifically but if I had to, I would stump up the $3. I watch Michele Lisel and co every night and I watch loads of snippets of games.

quote:Originally posted by shaku_bert

last year sport net showed every south coast derby (even the FA game, I seem to remember). It really is too bad they aren't showing the game (considering I'm a Saints fan).

amacpher - Why don't you think the $3 is good value? (not being a weenie - just curious) I get it as a package so I'm paying for it specifically but if I had to, I would stump up the $3. I watch Michele Lisel and co every night and I watch loads of snippets of games.

I am at the point where I have to make a decision. My three month free offer has expired and I am leaning towards not taking this service. At first I was quite intrigued by the opportunities to see games from leagues that I have never had a chance to see before and I was pretty much glued. But my main reason for getting the channel was for the Canadian angle. Specifically the number of games with Canadian internationals or the number of USL games that I could not see otherwise such as the USL championship game. Looking back over three months, I cannot say that my appetite has been satisfied. As far as the Canadian angle, I saw one game with Julian deGuzman involving Hannover and since the USL is out of season, I saw no USL games. Nothhing else. Next summer there will only be 2 matches involving each Cnd USL teams. Is all this worth the cost and inconvenience of having to get a and pay for a box and plus 3$ per month? In my personal opinion, I don't think so. If I am really keen to see those 1-5 events per year that really interest me, I might be better off to find an estabishment that will carry it. Which shouldn't be too hard.

I think that someone raised a point here the other day stating that practically all the games are replays of matches played in the England or Italy earlier in the week and that were often available on TLN and RSN. I would have to agree with that. Furthermore, I hardly ever saw Bundesliga matches and that is one league that I would have been very much interested in seeing more games. I was very disappointed in the early round FA cup matches since I thought that the quality of play was garbage and far lower than anything you will see in the A-league. Furthermore Profesionalism ( eg.: facilities ) were very bush league even by a-league standard. Why anyone who doesn't have an immediate rooting interest, would be interested in any of these D3 or conferance level clubs is beyond me.

In regards to French, Argentine, Brazilian... etc games, they were interesting but unless you have cultural tie that comes with that emotional attachment, I don't see how ones curiousity could be sustained after the first couple of months. The nightly shows were OK in terms of depth but when I started to supect that they were based in Canada ( Winnipeg I think), I was left wondering why the canadian angle seemed so often lacking.

quote:Originally posted by shaku_bert

amacpher - Why don't you think the $3 is good value? (not being a weenie - just curious) I get it as a package so I'm not paying for it specifically but if I had to, I would stump up the $3. I watch Michele Lisel and co every night and I watch loads of snippets of games.

I basically answered that question in this thread : http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5684

It describes some (of the many) things that FSW shows that FSWC does NOT show. And I even forgot to include the FA Cup. When you consider just last season FSWC was probably better than FSW, the channel is circling down the toilet bowl pretty fast.

good thing they didn't show the south coast derby. on internet radio it sounded like a passionate game with goals, bookings, sending offs, penaties, etc. Might have been too much for us gentle hearted Canucks. No no, better that we watch Man U stuff someone in a bore game.

Archived