CSL- Info ?

PSG

Can anyone tell me where I can go to get information on the CSL? I have had no joy in finding any websites or archives where I can find squad lists, logos, stadia, match reports etc. Can anyone tell me where I can get this kind of information?

-edited to particularize thread topic title only

Yeah, the CSL died just as the net was getting started.

Check with "leekoo", a member here who has a lot of contacts on historical stuff, including being friends with the guy who started the Canadian Soccer museum. Get his name on the members list, and click to get to the send-email button.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Check with "leekoo", a member here who has a lot of contacts on historical stuff, including being friends with the guy who started the Canadian Soccer museum. Get his name on the members list, and click to get to the send-email button.

However, note that leekoo was hospitalized recently and we have not heard any updates for a while. Hopefully he's doing alright.

quote:Originally posted by Alberto7

I don't remember where i got this link from, but it has many pictures and programs from the CSL(including pics of Jason De Vos):

http://www.geocities.com/london_ontario_soccer_fan/london.html

That's London Ont. soccer fan's site. He was a very regular poster on the old forum, but has hardly been there at all in the last few months. He did a good job collecting a lot of stuff on his site for which you would otherwise have to look around all over the place. Take away "london.html" at the end of the link to get to the front page of his site. It looks like he doesn't update it anymore.

quote:Originally posted by PSG

Can anyone tell me where I can go to get information on the CSL? I have had no joy in finding any websites or archives where I can find squad lists, logos, stadia, match reports etc. Can anyone tell me where I can get this kind of information?

-edited to particularize thread topic title only

Try Alan Douglas (adouglas@whitecapsfc.com) with the Whitecaps. Alan is a soccer statistician par excellence and he may well have all kinds of CSL data squirrelled away on his hard drive or know where else it may be found.

I've got some stuff in my archives, both computer and hard-copy, but it's not at all cohesive. A lot of stuff was lost in a couple of computer mishaps, and while I have backups for some of them, they're scattered across different media and different formats, and I haven't had time or incentive to try and recover it all.

Most of the official stuff I have isn't very interesting or consistant (like photocopies of game results from the first few seasons) or has a heavy Vancouver slant. And the unofficial stuff I kept myself at the time is a mess of guessed-at rosters and assorted statistical analyses, assuming those files still exist.

Archived