Swedish post-season

Dandal

I really don't expect any Atiba situation this year, but since Marco Reda was mentioned in swedish press today, I thought I could create a thread anyway.

Landskrona BoIS in the swedish premier, known to you from the rather short spells spent there by Matondo and Agiuar this year, needs a new defender to replace their retiring team captain. One of the players on their shortlist is Marco Reda, who's contract with recently relegated norwegian side Sogndal is expiring by the end of the year. According to norwegian news Landskrona is not the only club that has declared their interest.

DeVos is probably currently the better player but Reda was playing very well in Norway until he ran into injury problems this year. At one point the Norwegian national coach said he would call him up if he were a Norwegian. Sogndal was in relegation difficulties before Reda signed there and he was apparently the biggest reason they managed to remain in top tier. It may not be a coincidence that they are relegated in a year during which he was mostly injured. I think he and Nsaliwa would be the favourites to take over our central defender position in a 4 backline although Yallop may just find a couple of aging A-leaguers that he prefers. All three of DeVos, Nsaliwa and Reda play at about the same level as I would rate the English Championship, 2nd Bundesliga and Norwegian top tier as roughly equal.

Kuban is pretty much relegated from the Russian Championship. They did win on the weekend which left them 3 behind two other teams with one game left. The first tie breaker in Russia is games won so Kuban can only catch one team that has a 6 goal differential advantage. I am not sure though if there is a playoff with the 2nd tier 1st division teams or it is a straight relegation/promotion system. Jazic did not play on the weekend. In fact he hasn't played since he injured himself stretching at halftime a few weeks ago. I am not sure if this is because he is still injured or because the club didn't believe he couldn't play a few weeks ago (some fans are a bit suspicious about the injury). He has a three year contract which I imagine is also valid for the 1st division. The Russian 1st division is still a decent league, about the level of the Scandanavian or Austrian leagues minus the top few teams. Still a disappointment for Jazic to go up a level in play and then go back down so quickly. They have teams all throughout Russia though including Vladivostok in the far east so he will get to see some interesting places (the Championship does not currently have a club outside of European Russia). Kuban signed quite a few new players at the season break but several of them disappointed. Jazic played decently (used exclusively as a midfielder) and was not a disappointment but didn't shine either. Russia seems to have a lot of transfers within the league so maybe he will be able to transfer during the winter or during the half season break next year.

Archived