A welcomed change in Cdn baseball broadcasting

Daniel

Not exactly. As I understand it, Fox has their domestic team (Buck/McCarver) for the US broadcast and an international team (the broadcast team escapes me, but it isn't Sportsnet guys) for all other countries. The international feed apparently allows Sportsnet to do some digital wizardry during commerical breaks.

Blair

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

It seems that Sportsnet is using the visual feed from FOX for the baseball playoffs but using its own commentators. A welcomed departure from straight lifting as had been seen in the past.

Indeed, it seems I erred in my original comment (having only watched the series on FOX). The feed that Sportsnet has is definitely not the same as FOX.

And there's no need for "digital wizardry" to insert home-grown commercials (is that what you were implying?).

I notice that British broadcasters are so much more respectfull in that they are willing to ackowledge canadian viewers who are tuned in to their feed. I noticed during WC games ( and also during auto racing and other events) that the british broadcasters often mention canadian viewers listening on TSN or whatever other network is carrying the feed.

Whereas, Americans will totally and completely ignore canadian viewers and assume that we don't exist unless its to lump us together with host of other countries in to make it look like their event is truly global in scope. Don't know why that is. When there is an internation audience, then its another story, they won't forget to mention that " this game is being shown in Japan, Australia, Colombia, Mexico.... ect. and armed forces personel stationed around the world". Take the Super bowl for example, they'll go to great lenghts to hype the event by telling us about how big the event is and that its being shown in a several countries and then they will lump canada in with the other names just to make the audience number look more impressive. But you can watch and NFL game any sunday in Canada!! I never hear any reference or acknowledgement (anecdotal or otherwise) or canadian viewers in any of the hundreds of other regular US broadcast feeds that are picked up in Canada?

Well whatever. I think the only thing more ridiculous than a (Canadian) channel copying video and audio from an American channel that every Canadian already has access too, is a channel copying the video from that other source and using their own broadcasters.

Could you imagine if Sportsnet did that for their EPL coverage? [xx(]

Archived