Honduras - 5 Costa Rica -2

Lilloco

wow! I was hoping for a tie but this is not too bad either. At least we are not the only one in deep trouble and we are third in the group, if goal difference is the breaker :-)...

That result indicates that if we just had put our heads into this match, we would have been well on our way towards Hex!

beating Honduras in Edmonton just seems like a monumental task right now, at this point I just can't see it. Our defensive play as a team is just horrible, even Belize exposed us for our defensive lapses but didn't have the talent to finish the chances. I just don't see how our defence will magically improve over the next 2 weeks against an even more potent team like Honduras. They could very well scorch us for 4 or 5. Guess we can always pray for miracles....

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

This is the best news on the night, the other team losing at home worse than we did. If we show up and beat Honduras in Edmonton we're back in the swing of things.

Not for nothing, but I think Canada has to do a lot more than show up to beat this team. Not that Honduras is unbeatable, but Honduras has always played better on the road and this time there is too much firepower. David Suazo was the shhhhhh tonight, if you thought Ruiz was ok, wait till you see this guy...the guy went straight from playing on a neighborhood team to the national team and then to Serie A...actually the team is packed with 3 Serie A players, the MLS MVP, the top goal scorer in China, Uruguay's Penarol left back (who scored an amazing goal tonight), to name a few...I would be surprised if they lost this game..a tie maybe..but not a loss

This is the best news on the night, the other team losing at home worse than we did. If we show up and beat Honduras in Edmonton we're back in the swing of things.

I couldn't agree less. This result is bad for Canada. Now, even if we split our 2 games against Honduras, they'll finish ahead of us because they got 3 points in Costa Rica that we will never ever get!

I couldn't agree less. This result is bad for Canada. Now, even if we split our 2 games against Honduras, they'll finish ahead of us because they got 3 points in Costa Rica that we will never ever get!

it is a good news but we have to star scoring goals! because at the end it might make a difference ! so if we beat honduras we are back!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see us winning this one in edmonton, our defence blows especially in the centre. If Devos is still out for saturday, which he most likely will be, then its not looking good. better finnishing is also badly needed. maybe if Radz shows up (and not just phyically) for this game then maybe something could happen. Also Yallop should have added McKenna to the roster for defence instead of bunch of a-leaguers

I don't see us winning this one in edmonton, our defence blows especially in the centre. If Devos is still out for saturday, which he most likely will be, then its not looking good. better finnishing is also badly needed. maybe if Radz shows up (and not just phyically) for this game then maybe something could happen. Also Yallop should have added McKenna to the roster for defence instead of bunch of a-leaguers

Archived