Simpson & Serioux likely to Millwall

Gian-Luca

Guest Can. in UK

Serioux played in a reserve match last night... against ARSENAL. The Gunners line-up included Robert Pires, Freddie Ljunberg and Robin Van Persie.

Millwall lost 4-1, but apparently Serioux "gave a good account of himself". Sounds positive.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by snake

simpson is the real deal, its great that he will take the next step in his development in the english 1st division.also we should soon be getting bits about where hume will wind up this season.

well i can tell you that there a good few of us millwall boys hoping that hume turns up at the den, to add to our growing canadian contingent. he certainly looked good when we played tranmere in the fa cup last season.

Guest Jeffery S.

BBC online is reporting that Serioux has signed for Millwall already. Too bad they'll lose both for the Canada call-up though I don't know if they have midweek games.

Guest Can. in UK

Hey codegoat,

Did Josh say anything about jetlag when he flew here recently? How many days was it before he could train properly/play?

Millwall have signed Canadian international Adrian Serioux to a two-year deal with the South East London club.

The 25-year-old, who can also play in midfield, put pen-to-paper with The Lions before appearing for the reserves in a 4-1 friendly defeat against London rivals Arsenal on Wednesday.

Serioux joins Millwall from A-League side Toronto Lynx after impressing player-manager Dennis Wise during the club's pre-season trip to Canada's West Coast last month.

The defender featured against the Championship side when he played in a Canada 'B' squad that beat Wise's men 1-0 in Vancouver, British Columbia.

The Scarborough, Ontario native follows fellow compatriot Josh Simpson in signing at The New Den for the new campaign.

Both players, however, will be returning home after Canada boss Frank Yallop named Simpson and Serioux in his squad for next Wednesday's Concacaf zone World Cup qualifier against Guatemala in Vancouver.

The news comes as The Lions were reprimanded by The FA for the conduct of their players after last season's FA Cup semi-final win over Sunderland at Old Trafford.

The club were warned as to their future conduct after Millwall's players celebrated reaching the final in Cardiff against Manchester United in May.

Meanwhile, chairman Theo Paphitis has admitted that the current season is likely to be his last in charge of the club.

"The board are aware of that and I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I've been chairman of Millwall Football Club - but it has taken a lot of my time and effort," Paphitis said.

Guest Can. in UK
quote:Originally posted by codegoat

Last time he flew from Colorado, which (obviously) didn't cause any problems.

Sorry, I should have been more specific... After arriving in London, how long was it before he resumed training?

quote:Originally posted by Can. in UK

Sorry, I should have been more specific... After arriving in London, how long was it before he resumed training?

I didn't ask him. If I talk to him today, I'll ask. But I know that he was training with the team within a day or 2.

Archived